Location, Job Title, Benefits
Rocky Vista University in Billings, MT has an opening for a
Director of Learning & Educational Services (Full-Time)
To be considered for this position applicants should submit a resume/cover letter and salary requirements.
$60,000 - $74,900+ per year, the posted salary range represents the minimum to the midpoint within RVU’s compensation plan. RVU’s full compensation structure provides a minimum to a maximum range. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to skill, knowledge, experience, education, and credentials.
RVU offers a full benefits package that includes Health, Dental and Vision insurance, along with 2 weeks accrued paid vacation days per year, 12 accrued sick days per year, personal days, 13 ½ paid holidays and 401(K) match up to 7% based on employee’s contribution. A hybrid work model with remote flexibility is also available for eligible positions.
Commitment to Inclusive Excellence: We are Rocky Vista University (RVU), a diverse, equitable, and inclusive healthcare education university that recognizes, values, and respects the commonalities and differences reflected in our students, staff, faculty, and alumni. We strive to be compassionate healthcare educators and practitioners who embrace and champion diversity, equity, and inclusion.
RVU is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
The Director of Learning and Educational Service works to ensure quality Student Affairs programming in career and academic-related support services for students on the RVU-Montana campus. The Director of Education Support assist students in reaching their full academic potential by helping them to understand their learning preferences, identify their most effective study strategies, and learn to overcome barriers to their academic success.
Essential Job FunctionsTrain, supervise and provide support to ffairs educational learning specialists/advisors regarding matters pertaining to student academic progress and learning strategies, based on the science of learning.Assists in analyzing, creating, and monitoring Student Affairs policies and procedures.Conduct confidential consultation regarding learning preferences, Oversee and maintain academic tracking, intervention, and follow-up with all students utilizing the programs offered.Develop and deliver personalized programs of academic self-improvement and group workshops on relevant topics.Investigate, select and oversee the implementation of learning assessment instruments. Based on assessments, identify and initiate the appropriate intervention strategies.Provide educational support services for students needing ADA accommodations.Develop, train and manage the peer tutoring program.Produce professional correspondence, documents, data reports, and presentations.Provide resources and individualized study strategies for licensure exams.Help build a culture that respects, values, and promotes diversity, equity, and inclusion. Other duties as assigned by the Associate Dean of Student Affairs.
Marginal Job FunctionsPerform ongoing assistance with Student Affairs events and activities.Participate in regular collaboration meetings with Student Affairs team across campuses.Have a clear understanding of all university and college academic policies; and work on a daily basis with other entities across campus.Help students navigate institutional policies and procedures.Annually review the policies to ensure RVU is complying with federal laws regarding ADA and meeting student needs.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and AbilitiesKnowledge of student development principles, learning theories, and the science of learning.Track record of leadership on diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives to foster a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment for faculty, staff and students.Understand and incorporate best practices in student affairs, as identified by professional organizations and published literatureFamiliarity with learning assessments (such as LASSI)Familiarity with learning issues and accommodationsStrong written and oral communication skillsAbility to work collegially and collaboratively with diverse internal and external constituencies.Demonstrated high-level organizational skillsPublic speaking ability, both to large and small groupsAbility to problem-solve a variety of situations that may arise with students. Ability to maintain confidential information Ability to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekendsDemonstrated supervisory experience
- Master's Degree in an appropriate field, including psychology, learning specialist, higher education leadership, student services/student affairs, communication, educational leadership & policy, business administration, public health, etc. from an accredited institution.
- 1-3 years experience providing academic support in education or a college/university environment
- Demonstrated ability to lead in development and publication of documents and training materials.
- Demonstrated relationship-building skills and ability to work with staff at all levels.
- Working knowledge of counseling and student development theory and the science of learning
- Experience with at-risk student populations.
- Two or more years professional, full-time employment in developing and implementing post-secondary education academic support services.
- Teaching experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of field of developmental education.
- Experience in developing and/or implementing post-secondary education academic support services.
- Experience in personnel supervision and evaluation.
Final applicant will be required to pass background check and drug screening.
Qualified applicants will be contacted. There may be an additional video interview for you to complete. Please watch your email including spam and promotions folder.
Rocky Vista University is in full compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and does not discriminate with regard to applicants or employees with disabilities, and will make reasonable accommodation when necessary. The following are essential abilities and physical requirements for all positions at the University.
- Ability to orally communicate effectively with others;
- Ability to communicate effectively in writing, using the English language;
- Ability to work cooperatively with colleagues and supervisory staff at all levels;
- May be exposed to short, intermittent, and /or prolonged periods of sitting and/or standing in performance of job duties;
- May be required to accomplish job duties using various types of equipment/supplies to include, but not limited to, pens, pencils, calculators, computer keyboards, telephone, etc.;
- May be required to transport oneself to other campus offices, conference rooms, and on occasion, to off-campus sites to attend meetings, conferences, workshops, seminars, etc.