Traditional Adjunct Instructor-Kinesiology
- Southern Nazarene University
- Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK, 73008
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Exercise Science & Kinesiology
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job Location: Bethany Campus - Bethany, OK
Position Type: Adjunct Instructor
Education Level: Graduate Degree
Onsite Bethany Campus
Chair, School of Kinesiology - Undergraduate
School of Kinesiology
The School of Kinesiology, as an academic unit of Southern Nazarene University, is charged with meeting the demand for new and relevant academic programs that equip students for successful careers in Pre-Athletic Training, Pre-Physical Therapy/Occupational Therapy, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Sport and Leisure, and Sport Management.
Southern Nazarene University is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and the State Board of Education. SNU is a private, liberal arts university with a variety of undergraduate and graduate Kinesiology programs. The mission of Southern Nazarene University is to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ-centered community.
All employees of the university sign a Faith and Life Covenant in harmony with the values and expectations of the Church of the Nazarene and the university.
- Teaching a variety of courses in Physical Education: Sport & Leisure and Physical Education: Health & Safety traditional undergraduate programs.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain positive interpersonal relationships.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to operate office equipment.
- Ability to provide quality customer service.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Southern Nazarene University is an expression of the Church of the Nazarene. According to SNU policy, all faculty and staff must possess a strong personal Christian commitment and be committed to the SNU mission to make Christlike disciples through higher education in a Christ-centered community.
- An understanding of the importance of diversity, inclusion, and equity.
- Minimum education of Masters degree.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience and/or relevant training.
- Possess strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize multiple demands in fast-paced work environment.
- Typing and spelling competency.
- Experience with various computer software applications.
- Data entry experience.
- Experience in higher education
Receives supervision and work assignments from a designated supervisor, although other staff members in the unit may provide work direction.
May be responsible for the coordination of work assignments for student employees.
There are no benefits with this position.
Apply Online for this position at Southern Nazarene Careers
Southern Nazarene University is a private, Christian, liberal arts university. It is an expression of the educational ministry of the Church of the Nazarene. Based at its main residential campus located just west of Oklahoma City, SNU serves students from around the world at multiple locations in Oklahoma and through online educational opportunities.
Founded in 1899, SNU grew out of several small evangelical colleges committed to training people for service to God and their fellow man. During the later part of the nineteenth century, settlers in Arkansas, Kansas, Louisiana, Missouri, New Mexico, and Texas founded these educational institutions to promote the optimistic message that the result of people fully aligning their lives with God’s work in the world would be personal holiness and compassionate service.
Southern Nazarene University values each person created in the image of God, therefore, we also desire to be a community that reflects representation of diversity. We care about inclusion and equity through the refining of our character, the way we create culture and the way we serve Christ. Our University values reconciliation through God’s love.
Southern Nazarene University policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, sex, age, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, marital status, disability, genetic information, veterans status or any other legally protected class in the recruitment and admission of students, in all personnel actions or decisions including, but not necessarily limited to, recruitment, hiring, training, upgrading, promotion, demotion, termination and salary, and in the operation of all university programs, activities, and services.
6729 NW 39th Expressway
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert