Faculty - Religion Full-Time
- Jarvis Christian College
- Hawkins, Texas (US)
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Other Arts & Humanities Faculty Jobs
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
- Master’s Degree; Master of Theological Studies (MTS); Master of Religious Studies (MRS); Master of Divinity (M.Div.) preferred.
- Pastoral and Preaching experience (5 Years)
- Excellent oral and written communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated scholarly and research activity and willing to engage students in those activities.
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of students with diverse learning styles.
- Ability to adjust to diverse teaching modalities.
- Innovative, high energy, able to engage students creatively in and outside the classroom setting
- Implements instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences. Identifies, selects, and modifies instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and special needs. Maintains effective and efficient record keeping procedures. Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment. Meets professional obligations through efficient work habits such as: meeting deadlines, holding classes the full period, calculating grades correctly prior to turning them in to the Registrar's Office, attending occasional on-campus functions after 5:00 p.m. and on weekends as requested. Maintains strict confidentiality of records and information. Develops departmental programs for majors, minors, professional areas and teaching certificates. Prepares program brochures and related exhibits for departmental public relations. Writes course outlines, submit course outlines to the Department Chair and teach course content. Meets scheduled classes promptly and engender appropriate classroom decorum and positive classroom discipline. Provides coverage of classes during absence of colleagues. Exhibits subject matter competence and pedagogical skill; prepare for classroom experiences that build upon the backgrounds of the students. Maintains records and prepare and transmit regularly scheduled reports and non-recurring reports promptly to the appropriate recipient. Keeps required office hours and be available on campus to confer with and advise students. Duties include advising students with major or minor areas in the department and updating degree plans as requested. Maintains personal development through writing (proposals, etc) experiences, further studies, research, professional meetings and conferences of learned societies. Implements departmental programs. Belongs to professional organizations and actively participate in the work and meeting of these organizations. Shares research and professional accomplishments with the total University and the larger academic and professional community. Participates in area, departmental, divisional and all University faculty meetings. Assists the University in its recruitment and retention efforts. Becomes acquainted with the history of the University, its goals and objectives. Serves as a role model both in and out of the classroom. Performs other professional duties as assigned.
Jarvis Christian University is an "equal opportunity employer." The University will not discriminate and will take "affirmative action" measures to ensure against discrimination in employment, recruitment, advertisements for employment, compensation, termination, upgrading, promotions, and other conditions of employment against any employee or job applicant on the bases of race, creed, color, national origin, or sex.
Mission of Jarvis Christian University: Jarvis Christian University is a historically Black liberal arts, four-year institution affiliated with the Christian Church (Disciples of Christ). The mission of the college is to prepare a diverse population of lifelong learners intellectually, socially, spiritually, and personally through providing interactive services and using varied modalities of instructional delivery.
HWY 80 @ PR 7631
PO Box 1470
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert