Adjunct - Human Physiology
- Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City
- 900 N Portland Ave Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107 United States
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Special Education, Science & Technology, Life Sciences
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info: Luke RhodesHiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):700.00 - 700.00, Salary Work Schedule:Monday – Friday, occasionally includes some evenings and weekends. Job Summary: Job Summary:
To develop in each student theskills of critical thinking and to help students learn Human Physiology presentedto them in order for that student to become a positive member of the community. Essential Job Functions:Maintain student and course records.Maintain and file current course outlines, objectives and grading procedures for all courses.Exhibit innovative and adaptive instructional methods.Provide continuing education experiences for the community.Completes all mandatory training.Perform other related duties as assigned.The duties listed in this jobdescription are intended only as illustrations of the various types of workthat may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does notexclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logicalassignment to the position. Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
- Associate or Bachelor Degree and licensure/certification in discipline required (technical program/non-transfer classes)
Master’s Degree in discipline or related area orMaster’s Degree with 18 hours in discipline required (transfer classes)
- Must have educational qualifications to teach in subject area or have documented specialty education/experience to meet tested experience requirements, as per the Higher Learning Commission’s publication on Determining Qualified Faculty, and provide leadership in an academic discipline and/or degree program.Programs with discipline-specific external accreditation may have more stringent training and experience requirements.
- Teaching Competence – Must be able to create lesson plans, content, presentations, ancillary materials, and assignments to effectively transform information to knowledge for students; have the ability to assess student learning and progress.Communication skills – Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with clear, grammatically correct English. Requires interaction with supervisors, colleagues, students, using tact, discretion, and independent judgment.
Computer skills – Must be demonstrably proficient in Microsoft Office (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel), as well as e-mail and Internet.
Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU-OKC and OSU brand with positivity and professionalism.
Demonstrated history of ethical and professional behavior.
Ph.D. in related field Other Performance Measures:
Successful performance of the job requires creativity,initiative, and effective problem solving. An incumbent must use tact anddiplomacy. Following school dress standards, proper attendance or leavepolicies, and other work-habits concerns are required. Working Conditions:
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include some evenings and weekends in an often times busy and noisy environment.
Work will be performed in an office and classroom environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone, via email, and various communication platforms.
- Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking and listening.
Duties require extensive use of computers, telephone and other office equipment.
Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
Oklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.
Oklahoma State University is a modern land-grant system that prepares students for success. Orange is the Answer. Through leadership and service, OSU improves the lives of people in Oklahoma, the nation and the world. OSU has more than 35,000 students across its five-campus system with students from all 50 states and around 120 nations. Established in 1890, OSU has graduated more than 264,000 students to serve the state of Oklahoma, the nation and the world.
Oklahoma State University-Oklahoma City (OSU-OKC) is part of the modern land-grant system of Oklahoma State University. OSU-OKC is a two-year public institution, offering more than 50 degrees and certificate options. Through quality education, a supportive environment, leadership training and service opportunities, OSU-OKC trains students to work and educates them to lead. OSU-OKC graduates are found throughout the community serving as police officers, firefighters, nurses, teachers, healthcare professionals and business owners. osuokc.edu
Oklahoma State University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity/E-verify employer committed to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity or expression, national origin, disability, protected veteran status or other protected status. Oklahoma State University campuses are tobacco and vapor-free.
900 N Portland
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert