Faculty - Criminal Justice Technology (adjunct)
- Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
- Salisbury, NC
- Faculty Jobs
- Social Sciences, Criminal Justice
- Position Type
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
Faculty - Criminal Justice Technology (adjunct)Classification Title:
Part Time FacultyMin Salary:
E = ExemptPosition Type::
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College is seeking a part-time Criminal Justice Instructor. The part-time instructor will teach Criminal Justice courses in the traditional face-to-face environment on the North or South Campus as assigned. The instructor may teach morning, day or evening classes as assigned by the Program Chair of Criminal Justice Technology. The instructor will utilize a “smart” classroom with a computer and LCD projector to enhance the traditional learning environment.Preferred Education/Experience/Skills::
Master’s Degree in Criminal Justice or related field with eighteen (18) semester hours in Criminal Justice; 1-3 years of teaching experience; five years of practical experience working in the criminal justice system. Experience with various learning management system (LMS) platforms.Department::
Public Services Technologies-Criminal JusticeWork Hours::
01/31/2023Open Until Filled:
NoDuty and Responsibility::
1. Update, communicate and follow course syllabus content in accordance with directions provided and administrative guidance.Duty and Responsibility::
2. Participate in professional development opportunities (selected or assigned) in order to enhance and apply knowledge/skills within the discipline, to effectively utilize required course technology and College applications, and to maintain licensures (as applicable).Duty and Responsibility::
3. Utilize College technology for the delivery of instruction and completion of operational processes; this includes but is not limited to the College’s learning management system, email and calendaring solution, document management system(s), student information system, and employee portals.
4. Meet deadlines, including maintaining and submitting accurate class records, employee records/requests, and other assigned tasks.Duty and Responsibility::
5. Successfully prepare, manage, and deliver course content in order to achieve course objectives, accommodate diverse learning styles, and meet administrative requirements. When applicable, ensure laboratories are appropriately stocked with required supplies and equipment is in safe operating order.Duty and Responsibility::
6. Actively engage students and provide prompt feedback in an objective, respectful, and effective manner.Duty and Responsibility::
7. Work collaboratively with the College’s support services to identify and address the students’ academic support needs.Duty and Responsibility::
8. Support student advising, registration and recruitment efforts, as appropriate or required.Duty and Responsibility::
9. Facilitate a positive, student-centered, and professional environment among students, faculty and staff.Duty and Responsibility::
10. Adhere to College policies and procedures.Duty and Responsibility::
11. Follow the appropriate chain of supervision.Duty and Responsibility::
12. Participate in College meetings, events, and committees as appropriate or required.
Working at Rowan-Cabarrus Community College
Our 102-acre North Campus is conveniently located in the North Carolina Piedmont, just off Interstate Highway 85 in Rowan County, within an hour's drive of several major cities. RCCC's 24-acre South Campus is conveniently located in Cabarrus County at the junction of I-85, NC 73, and Trinity Church Road.
Modern classrooms, fully equipped laboratories, shops, and learning resources are available at all campus locations. A highly qualified and dedicated faculty and staff stand ready to help students succeed as they are encounraged to learn in stimulating and innovative ways.
At Rowan-Cabarrus Community College, Continuing Education programs support the philosophy that learning is a lifelong activity. This division offers classes and short courses for professional development and community service courses of general interest at convenient times and locations.
Business and Industry Services' staff provide customized support for the community through the Small Business Center, New and Expanding Industry Training and Focused Industrial Training. The Small Business Center is designed to assist small business start-ups and to help existing businesses grow. The college's New and Expanding Industry Training office has earned national recognition for cooperative training efforts with area industries. Focused Industrial Training designs innovative educational programs for the service region's manufacturing sector.
An important function of the college is to provide educational programs on the pre-college level. Literacy Services offer adults the opportunity for meaningful social and occupational growth through Adult Basic Education (ABE), Human Resources Development (HRD), and the High School Equivalency Program (GED).
Rowan-Cabarrus Community College offers you an exciting opportunity to become a part of a community of educators and leaders who open doors for learning and personal growth. We are committed to our vision of building sustainable futures through the power of learning, and we do this through a team of committed employees. If you are looking for a career that is engaging, challenging, and rewarding, come join Rowan-Cabarrus.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert