DIRECTOR OF ALUMNI ENGAGEMENT, Questrom School of Business, Academic Departments Tracking Code22500258821206Job Description
Reporting directly to the Associate Dean for Career and Alumni Engagement, the Director of Alumni Engagement will create, execute, and evaluate creative strategies for the engagement of Questrom's 50,000+ alumni around the world in support of student academic and career success, networking and community-building, and alumni professional growth. In this capacity, the Director supports one of Questrom's six core strategic priorities: the development of powerful and enabling relationships and collaborations with alumni to advance our mission, build our reputation, and improve the student experience. The Questrom School of Business strives to provide opportunities for alumni to stay connected to the school and to each other, and to engage with current students for purposes of enhanced academic experiences and improved career outcomes. The Director's key priority is to provide opportunities for our alumni to contribute through engagement in classes; sponsorship of real-world, data-driven student projects; engagement with student organizations, clubs and conferences; networking and alumni community building; student mentorship; internships and jobs; membership in alumni councils and workgroups; and participation in industry relations events. The Director works with Questrom staff across units to create a Customer Relations Management (CRM) strategy and infrastructure to better enable and manage alumni involvement with the School. The Director will analyze and utilize data to identify opportunities for enhanced alumni engagement, set strategy, and evaluate impact. The Director works with the Questrom Dean, Program Deans, and Assistant Dean for Development and Alumni Relations to conceptualize and populate strategic advisory committees for continuous improvement in our programs and identify prospects for philanthropic giving.
- Bachelor's Degree required (with 8+ years experience), Master's Degree preferred (with 5-8 years experience).
- This position requires significant relationship management experience with a minimum of eight years experience in sales, client/account management, and alumni engagement.
- Strong candidates will present related experience in strategy development and implementation, staff management and team building, project management, and event management.
- Evidence of proven skills including oral and written communication, collaboration, self-motivation, and emotional intelligence.
- Candidates share community values including putting students first, embracing diversity, respecting everyone, and striving for excellence.
- Moderate travel, evening, and weekend work required.
- Remote work up to two days per week is offered throughout the calendar year.
Please note all newly hired staff and faculty will need to be in compliance with Boston University’s COVID-19 Vaccination and Booster Requirement within 30 days of date of hire. You must upload your vaccine documentation or request a medical or religious exemption (instructions). For further information on the University’s response to COVID-19, please visit the COVID-19 Resources site.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, pregnancy or pregnancy-related condition, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status. We are a VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Job LocationBOSTON, Massachusetts, United StatesPosition TypeFull-Time/Regular