Faculty/Academic StaffMajor Administrative Unit / College:
Intercollegiate Athletics 10070478Sub Area:
FAS- Fac./Acad StaffSalary:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceLocation:
Athletics/Recreation, Fixed Term Academic Staff, Full Time (90-100%), Non-Union
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in the organization of team training, practice sessions and competition
- Assist in the planning of team travel, scheduling, NCAA paperwork and ensuring program compliance with NCAA, B1G and university policies, procedures, rules and regulations
- Assist in the recruitment of prospective student-athletes
- Assist in the planning of fund raising and alumni relations activities
- Participate in the continued development and implementation of the summer camp program
- Assist with facility and equipment management
- Participate in continuing education conferences, workshops or meetings to increase professional development
- Have an advanced knowledge of program promotion and marketing through all aspects of social media
- Demonstrate a sincere interest in the social, emotional, academic development, as well as athletic welfare of the student-athletes
- Other duties as assigned
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, age, disability or protected veteran status.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Three years coaching experience at a highly competitive professional, collegiate or private club level or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills in dealing with prospective student-athletes, student-athletes, staff and University personnel.
- Candidate must display a commitment to responsibility for adhering to all of the policies, rules and regulations of MSU, the B1G Ten Conference and the NCAA.
- Computer skills necessary
Required Application Materials
Together-we-will StatementThe university is requiring all MSU students, faculty and staff to be vaccinated against COVID-19 with limited exceptions. Learn more at: https://msu.edu/together-we-will/
Applications will be reviewed as needed.
Michigan State University has been advancing the common good with uncommon will for more than 160 years. One of the top research universities in the world, MSU pushes the boundaries of discovery and forges enduring partnerships to solve the most pressing global challenges while providing life-changing opportunities to a diverse and inclusive academic community through more than 200 programs of study in 17 degree-granting colleges.
Advertised: Dec 5, 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 5, 2024 Eastern Standard Time