- Ursinus College
- Collegeville, PA
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Business & Financial Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The Senior Accountant is responsible for the accounting for investment activities, including endowment investments, short-term investments, trust and annuity investments, and split-interest agreement investment accounts. The Senior Accountant will assist with financial reporting and analysis, as well as special projects. This individual is responsible for ensuring accurate general ledger balances through analyses and reconciliations and assisting in the year end audits and audit schedules. This includes responsibility for all endowment and investment reporting, including the generation of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial and investment reports.Responsibilities
- Ensure financial transactions are recorded accurately
- Prepare monthly reconciliations and entries for investment and endowment accounts
- Prepare quarterly endowment unitization and quarterly and annual investment summary reporting
- Review and analyze contributions to the endowment and prepare endowment spending draws
- Work closely with the Investment Consultant to communicate and coordinate all investment transfers and establish new investment accounts if necessary
- Analyze and research general ledger accounts to explain unusual items
- Assist with preparation of information for tax returns
- Work closely with Advancement to provide endowment reporting, endowment balances, and information related to endowment spending and questions
- In addition, this position will be assigned various accounts to record journal entries and to reconcile
Other Essential Responsibilities:
- Assist with year-end audits with the preparation of various audit schedules
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business degree with a concentration in accounting is strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years of accounting experience, with some experience in higher education or non-profit environment a plus
- Experience in investment management is preferred
- Strong grasp of fundamental accounting concepts and GAAP
- Possess strong analytical skills, critical thinking, creative problem-solving, sound judgment, and decision-making skills
- Demonstrate and maintain a professional, service-oriented attitude; good communication skills; and the ability to work with various campus constituencies, including faculty and the Dean’s Office
- Demonstrate and maintain strong computer skills, including familiarity with Microsoft Office and accounting software programs. Experience with Blackbaud and ADP is a plus
- Possess the ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, collegial environment, maintaining confidentiality of data
- Attention to detail and accuracy, with the ability to meet deadlines, independently and in a team environment
Interested candidates should apply here. Once you create an applicant account, you will be prompted to upload your cover letter, resume, and a list with contact information for three references to the applicant database.
Ursinus is an AA/EO employer. Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law in the administration of any of its educational programs or activities or with respect to employment.
About Ursinus College
- Founded in 1869
- First admitted women in 1880
- 1,650 students from 35 states and 12 countries
- 20% students of color
- 12 to 1 student-faculty ratio
- Accredited by the Middle States Commission on Higher Education (MSCHE)
- All students and faculty are issued laptop computers
- Nationally renowned First-Year Experience, including the Common Intellectual Experience(CIE) Freshmen Seminar
- Over 60 courses of study, including a variety of interdisciplinary programs.
- The Center for Science and The Common Good offers students the opportunity to focus on the intersection of science and society.
- Idyllic 170-acre campus 25 miles from Philadelphia
- Member of Phi Beta Kappa, the Watson Foundation list, Project Pericles, Bonner Leader Program
- Member of Project DEEP, the Annapolis Group, the Centennial Conference
- Home to the Berman Museum of Art
- U-Imagine Center for Integrative and Entrpreneurial Studies
The College's most important assets are its faculty and staff. From time to time, a variety of job opportunities are available, both part-time and full-time. Ursinus is an ideal workplace where there are excellent resources and benefits and, of course, great people. The campus is beautiful and the students keep you young.
Ursinus College is committed to the celebration of and respect for human diversity.
Ursinus College does not discriminate on grounds of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, disability, or other classification protected by applicable law with respect to all aspects of employment.
Ursinus College complies with all federal, state, and local statutes and regulations governing employment practices.
Ursinus College is an equal employment/affirmative action employer.
All employees are expected to abide by Ursinus College’s equal employment/affirmative action policy.
Specifically, in matters affecting employment and application for employment, the College will take affirmative action to ensure that each employee and applicant, regardless of race, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, creed, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, or disability (except as limitations may be mandate by law) is accorded equal treatment with respect to terms and conditions of employment, including recruitment, hiring, placement, and opportunities for advancement. The College will make good-faith efforts to enhance employment opportunities for minorities and women compatible with the availability of qualified candidates in relevant employment markets in which Ursinus College is able to recruit.
Ursinus College is committed to the celebration of and respect for human diversity. We believe that human beings derive meaning and purpose through their membership in groups as well as through their common humanity and their uniqueness as individuals. Intellectual and personal growth are enhanced by understanding and appreciating the similarities and differences among groups and individuals.
The celebration of, and respect for, human diversity at Ursinus is based on the following:
- The principles of freedom and the quality of individuals as expressed in the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution of the United States.
- The practical goal of preparing students to make significant contributions in an emerging global community. All communities -- local, national and global -- are stronger and richer to the extent that individuals within them are able to communicate and to affirm life-enhancing values.
- Individuals whose education has been grounded on mutual understanding and the celebration of human diversity are best prepared to contribute to the making of a just and equitable society.
This statement on human diversity should inform and guide the Ursinus College community as it establishes and implements educational and administrative policies and practices. These ideals seem especially relevant to those policies and practices that touch upon race, ethnicity, age, religion, sexual orientation and gender, and all other aspects which tend to differentiate human groups.
In making this statement on human diversity, Ursinus College at the same time acknowledges the primary importance in an educational community of the diversity of ideas expressed in the pursuit of truth by all reasonable and free minds in an atmosphere of intellectual openness.
This statement on human diversity at Ursinus College has been developed in the context of the mission statement of the College and the institutional values generated by the mission.
601 E. Main Street
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert