Sr. HR Coordinator
The Bloomberg School of Public Health Human Resources Office is seeking a Sr HR Coordinator
to provide support and assistance to the divisional HR Team. Reporting to the HR Business Partner (HRBP). The position must demonstrate a commitment to excellence in customer service and ensure efficient human resource and payroll functioning for an assigned group of departments within JHSPH. The team itself is responsible for a wide range of payroll and human resources support to departments including: recruitment and employment; salary administration and analysis; JHU required training and education; leave management; benefits interpretation, personnel records management, HR policy interpretation, as well as, information dissemination. While the position will directly report to the HRBP, the Sr. HRC will interact directly with clients including all levels of faculty and staff within the departments that the team supports, to ensure smooth transacting and troubleshooting of a wide array of payroll and HR actions. This position exercises independent judgment in the resolution of issues and requires excellent organization, communication, customer service, and follow-through skills.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Initiates multiple payroll actions (ISRs) on a daily/weekly basis.
- Takes lead on coordinating FMLA paperwork and payroll actions related to leave; resolving questions about benefits, and troubleshooting questions regarding E210 time keeping.
- Participates in Unemployment Compensation Hearings as needed. Provide additional documentation as needed to the unemployment claim/hearing.
- Facilitates resolution of complex issues as presented by team members or departmental clients.
- Resolves E210 issues in conjunction with Health Sciences central HR.
- Serves as the liaison with International Office and is trained to do visa requests as a backup to the departmental processors.
- Ensures maintenance of HR databases and master data.
- After review with HRBP of monthly reports such as temp. inactive, overpayment, and work authorization reports and works, assists with resolution of items requiring action.
- Collaborates with various groups on campus, including HR Shared Services, JHSPH Finance Office, Central HR, and Office of International Services to understand policies and procedures and troubleshoot issues.
- Oversees the processing of CATS (Time Entry) for hourly staff on a weekly basis.
- Regularly reviews I9 status of new hires, advises on completion processes as well as advises on required tax forms and social security number requests for foreign nationals.
- Assist with identifying and rerouting ER or ADA cases to HRBP.
- Assists with onboarding processes and exit procedures.
- Other duties and special projects as assigned, including assistance with student processing overflow.
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws and regulations in human resources as well as Johns Hopkins-specific HR policies.
- Knowledge of accounting and budgeting theory and practices required, including experience with payroll systems and ability to apply administrative HR procedures and practice.
- Ability to make independent judgments and to act on decisions on a daily basis, to work for periods of time without direction, to help prioritize the team's workflow, and to multitask to meet various concurrent deadlines.
- Very strong organizational skills, analytical and problem-solving abilities and attention to detail.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both oral and written for effective interaction with all levels of university employees and clients.
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and discretion.
- Experience providing excellent customer service.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, or other related field.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience and additional related experience may substitute for required education, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- Familiarity with MS Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel, Teams.
- Prior experience with SAP Software and Service Now a plus.
Classified Title: Sr. HR Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $44,850-$61,600 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Public Health
Department name: Bloomberg Human Resource Services
Personnel area: School of Public Health Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion
.Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfAccommodation Information
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-HR-Coordinator-MD-21205/963849800/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency