Human Resources Services Supervisor
We are seeking a Human Resources Services Supervisor
. HR Shared Services is responsible for all employee life cycle transactions and organizational management transactions for the Johns Hopkins University, Hospitals and Health Systems. We support 3 pay cycles and over 150,000 transactions annually. The HR Shared Services Supervisor is responsible for leading the day to day operations of the HRSS processing team. The HRSS Supervisor, in collaboration with the HRSS Manager, will support a high performing team that processes manual transactions, responds to HR inquiries, supports data quality reviews, provides employee guidance on self service functions and monitors performance of automated HR processes in SAP. As needed the team will manually update values related to employee benefits elections. This position is responsible for building, enhancing and maintaining a business partnership with HRSS clients within the Johns Hopkins Enterprise. The position will also be instrumental in supporting new HRIS functionality and assisting with future HRIS upgrades.Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Direct the timely and accurate processing of human resources, benefits and organizational management transactions in accordance with established quality and accuracy standards.
- Implement improvements to HR Shared Services procedures and processing methods to efficiently and accurately meet production and performance goals as established by the HRSS Service Level Agreement.
- Ensure customer service standards are routinely followed and establish improvements as needed.
- Determine work priorities and assignments for the most efficient use of staff and equipment.
- Serve as an SAP HR subject matter expert to HR Shared Services customer base.
- Provide feedback to individual team members in a timely manner to increase team member effectiveness.
- Responsible for hiring, training and supporting new HRSS staff.
- Respond timely to new processing requirements from HR centers of expertise.
- Establish and deliver internal knowledge building meetings with HR Shared Services teams.
- Provide procedural guidance and policy interpretation to staff as it relates to processing HR transactions.
- Assess the accuracy and integrity of HR master data and ensure that integrity is maintained through auditing and reporting.
- Ensuring strong relationships are created and managed within HR Shared Services and with customer base.
- Participate in project meetings for enhancements to SAP HR functionality as well as other HR systems that integrate with SAP.
- Responsible for creating a work environment that maintains confidentiality.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School, one year of ERP (SAP, PeopleSoft, Oracle) and two years of supervisory experience in a customer service environment is required.
- Knowledge of human resources administration.
- Bachelor's Degree in business (accounting, management), human resources or management information systems is preferred.
- Two years of SAP experience within a shared services or customer service environment may be substituted for supervisory experience.
- A master's degree or additional ERP experience may be substituted for supervisory experience.
Classified Title: Human Resources Services Supervisor
Working Title: Human Resources Services Supervisor
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/03/OH
Starting Salary Range: $55,328 - $75,920 - $96,720 Annually (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday-Friday, 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: Johns Hopkins at Eastern
Department name: 10003646-HR Shared Services
Personnel area: University Administration Total Rewards
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion
.Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfAccommodation Information
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Human-Resources-Services-Supervisor-MD-21218/952912400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency