Grants Accountant/Financial Analyst
- Coconino County Community College
- Flagstaff, AZ
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs, Sponsored Programs, Grants & Contracts, Institutional & Business Affairs, Business & Financial Management
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Community College
First Application Review: January 3, 2023 -Open until Filled
Salary & Benefits at a Glance
Coconino Community College Diversity StatementCoconino Community College recognizes and respects diversity and the value it brings to our communities. We appreciate and welcome cultures, identities, beliefs, experiences and all that makes us unique. CCC champions and takes action to build an inclusive work and learning environment. We are allies and advocates, navigating respectful dialogue about our shared humanity.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews transactions and prepares financial reports which include balance sheets and income statements. Submits these reports to grantors (outside agencies).
- Reviews and reconciles scholarships to the general ledger, prepares a report, and sends the report to the financial aid department.
- Reviews and reconciles bank accounts to the general ledger. Prepares correcting and adjusting entries (journal vouchers) as necessary.
- Reviews and reconciles miscellaneous general ledger accounts. Prepares correcting and adjusting entries (journal vouchers) as necessary.
- Prepares routine correcting or adjusting entries (journal vouchers) for transfers, indirect cost and direct charges to numerous general restricted funds. Requires balancing the general ledger to the administrative system input on a daily basis to ensure overall system is in financial balance.
- Prepares annual financial reports and year-end schedules in support of Auditor General.
- Reviews, prepares and sends monthly detailed activity reports to grant coordinators.
- Maintains FWS worksheets for wages, ACA, due-to general fund and benefit transfer.
- Maintains and requests weekly Title III and Title IV funds from the Department of Education to ensure funds are available when departments request them.
- Reviews restricted fund payroll for labor distribution after transferring payroll information to the finance module. Submits error report to Functional Systems Analyst as needed. Prepares time and effort documentation to ensure compliance with federal regulations.
- Reviews travel expense claims, and notifies the Accounts Payable Technician of any discrepancies.
- Enters data into the administrative system journal voucher forms and maintains security and approval for the administrative system finance module.
- Researches budgetary expenditures in restricted funds, projects future costs, then recommends budget amendment recommendations to restricted fund managers.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
CPA certification. Experience in an educational setting. Experience using the Ellucian Banner administrative system. Experience with a variety of
computer applications, including spreadsheets, database management systems, and presentation software.
Coconino Community College offers an affordable, quality education for students seeking job skills, beginning their path to a four-year degree or enriching their lives with continuing education. The college serves a diverse student population and offers a robust spectrum of degrees, certificates and coursework.
Our faculty and staff are dedicated to student success and promote an environment of excellence to support all students, whatever their goals and wherever they are on their educational journey.
Since 1991, CCC has served residents across the 18,000 square miles of Coconino County, the second-largest county in the United States. CCC, on average, served 2,500 students per semester and has served more than 75,000 students county-wide.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert