Sr. Research Program Coordinator
We are seeking a Senior Research Program Coordinator
who will work closely with the Principal Investigator to manage and help carry out research projects within the Johns Hopkins University Mood Disorders Center (Department of Psychiatry). On-going projects include a genetics study of individuals with depression treated by electroconvulsive therapy (ECT) and a study of the treatment impact of tracking social media and electronic communications in individuals with mood disorders. The Research Program Coordinator will work as part of a multi-disciplinary team of clinicians and researchers and will interact with collaborative investigators around the country. We are looking for an individual with strong research, communication and organizational skills with a commitment to the advancement of research on mood disorders.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Specific duties include, but are not limited to the following:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- The Sr. Research Program Coordinator will be responsible for helping to develop, manage and implement research study protocols within the Johns Hopkins Mood Disorders Center.
- Assist in overseeing and maintaining institutional and federal regulatory compliance, including preparing IRB applications, annual IRB continuing reviews, changes in research, protocol amendments and events reports according to institutional and federal policies.
- Maintain regulatory binders for research protocols and ensure that case files and accompanying paperwork are organized and current.
- Recruit and consent participants from the Johns Hopkins Health System and the surrounding community into on-going studies.
- Develop data collection forms and set up research databases with REDCap and other database platforms.
- Coordinate the collection of study data and biospecimens from research participants and shipment of samples to study biorepository.
- Monitor and perform regular data quality checks to ensure the integrity of data collection.
- Work closely with teams around the country to oversee the conduct of multi-site studies as part of large national consortia.
- Lead study team meetings and coordinate and participate in regular consortia meetings.
- Contribute to data analysis and help report study findings as needed.
- Adhere to guidelines regarding the sensitivity and confidential nature of patient information, including HIPAA regulations. Assists in study design and contributes to Standard Operating Procedures.
- Recommends changes to protocol operations based on results and goals.
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline required, and 3 years of experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 18 graduate degree credits (semester hours) may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Master's Degree in Public Health, Psychology, Social Science, or other related disciplines.
- Proficiency in the use of software applications, databases, spreadsheets, and word processing preferred.
- Must have strong communication skills, organizational skills, attention to detail, and clinical sensitivity.
- Must have the ability to prioritize and coordinate multiple tasks, and make independent decisions about the direction of projects.
- Must be able to work as part of a team, take initiative, and have strong leadership and teaching skills and be able to independently make decisions.
Classified Title: Sr. Research Program Coordinator
Starting Salary Range: $39,310 - $54,060 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30-5:00
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Psy Affect Disorders and Psych Genet
Personnel area: Johns Hopkins University
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Sr_-Research-Program-Coordinator-MD-21205/890434700/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency