Security Systems Specialist
Homewood Campus Public Safety is seeking a Security Systems Specialist
who will assist in the delivery of campus safety and security services to the Johns Hopkins University community.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
- Direct and coordinate security personnel and others in response to requests for emergency and miscellaneous security services.
- Monitor and respond to proprietary intrusion, environmental and fire alarm systems.
- Monitor and respond to proprietary closed circuit television systems for events or activities that may require a security response.
- Provide general assistance and information to Hopkins students, faculty, staff and visitors.
- Carry out administrative tasks as may be necessary for the operation of the Communications Center.
- Receive telephone and radio calls requesting emergency or non-emergency security related services and determine and dispatch the appropriate level of security response within Campus Safety and Security policy and guidelines.
- Coordinate responses of Campus Safety and Security, Facilities Management, Student Affairs and transmission and activities and transmit pertinent information to University security personnel.
- Contact and direct Baltimore Police, Fire and Paramedics as may be necessary.
- Create and maintain manual and computerized reports, logs, records and data.
- Promulgate schedules of events and building access requirements. Serve as the university switchboard and the liaison for student's health care and facilities emergency maintenance during non-business hours.
- Perform other such duties as may from time to time be necessary.
NOTE: Incumbent must be available to work rotating shifts and/or days off.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- High School Diploma/GED required.
- Two years related experience including familiarity with communication technology and call-taking techniques.
- Additional education may be submitted for some work experience.*
- Must be able to pass an extensive Maryland State Police / F.B.I. background investigation and complete a physical/health screening examination by the Office of Occupational Health and Safety, which includes a drug screening.
- Successful meet and maintain Campus Safety and Security physical requirements.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. Preferred Qualifications: Special Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications:
- Must possess excellent people skills and an ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing. Must be able to speak clearly and understandably in telephone and radio communications.
- Must be able to function effectively in a highly-charged work environment under stressful emergency conditions.
- Must be familiar with Microsoft Windows computer environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office components is desirable.
- Must be able to function effectively for extended periods in a seated position with periodic short breaks provided.
- Must have unrestricted use of both hands.
- Must possess full hearing capabilities.
- Must have binocular vision, corrected to a minimum of 20/40 in both eyes.
- Shift work, holiday and weekends included. No telecommuting
Classified Title: Security Systems Specialist
Role/Level/Range: ATO 40/E/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.41 - $16.83/hr
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Shift work / 8 hour days
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Homewood Campus
Department name: Security IT Support Services
Personnel area: University Administration
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Security-Systems-Specialist-MD-21211/884248700/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency