Business Solution Analyst
The Pathology Department is seeking a Business Solution Analyst
who will provide analysis, project management, content management, and basic programming. Prioritizes and performs work independently. Projects will range between established and new with greater complexity. Demonstrate strong ability in technology and strong understanding of the business/clinical/education/research process and workflow. Work with clients and peers to define and determine needs and suggest solutions to requirements. Build and maintain relationships through positive interactions. Demonstrates ability to provide good customer service and an ability to adapt to changing needs and problem solving.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:Leads Projects
Owns Project Documents & Communication Plans
- Leads one or more IT related projects within the constraints of scope, quality, time and cost to meet the specified requirements to the satisfaction of the customerCoordinate the people, work and resources involved.
- Leads the people, work and resources involved.
- Assigns resources necessary to carry out the project.
- Gather information to plan, organize, direct, implement and evaluate requirements and tasks.
- Ensure all requirements and objectives are properly documented at project onset.
- Identify deviations from the plan
- Escalate decisions and unresolved issues.
Communicate Effectively With All Project Participants
- Maintains project documents which may include scope documents, project plans, project charters and communications plans, within the established PMO process.
- Maintains issues list and coordinates the resolution.
- Effective use of PMO project management system.
Adapt to Issues that have the Potential to Impact Project Milestone Dates
- Understand project interdependencies and shared responsibilities for resource management that may span multiple IT disciplines.
- Work proactively through facilitation and communication to minimize conflicts.
- Identify and communicate areas where resources allocation is not aligned with the need.
- Communicate needs for resources to managers throughout the organization.
Communicate Project Status, Issues, Budget
- Be prepared to communicate changes in plans to accommodate.
- Anticipate political sensitivities and communicate appropriately.
- Be flexible to accommodate changing climates both within and outside the organization.
- Serve as escalation point for issues that arise.
Specific Devices, Software, Projects for Which the Position is Responsible
- Prepare status reports, presentations appropriate for various levels of management and staff.
- Present coherent reports on project status and budget.
- Create and distribute meeting documents including agendas, minutes and issue lists.
The responsibilities listed above are typical examples of the work performed by this position. Not all duties assigned to this position are included, nor is it expected that everyone in this position will be assigned every job responsibility.Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Web site design, user interfaces, novel illustrations.
- Craft CMS (our main tool / Content Mgmt System).
- Site mapping, flow chart, story board - visual design and detail oriented.
- Understand or demonstrate ability to learn medical terminology and/or anatomy related terms.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Additional experience may be substituted for education.*
- 5 or more years of business requirement gathering experience and/or hands-on experience with system / integration / user acceptance testing (automated and manual).
- Experience in web site design, content management systems, user interfaces, site mapping.
* JHU Equivalency Formula: For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.Preferred Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Craft CMS.
- Project Management Certification is preferred.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee may remain in a stationary position (sitting or standing) up to 80% of the time.
- The employee is required to operate computer keyboard and mouse for a significant portion of the workday (repetitive motion).
- Prolonged vision requirements including viewing computer screen, paper reports/documents, charts and results. Visual acuity may be required to distinguish fine gradation of color.
- May transport equipment and supplies usually less than 40 pounds from one area to another (example: moving computer equipment or file boxes). May be required to lift and/or move up to 50 pounds with proper training, or precautions/lifting aides. In some areas, workspace is limited.
- While the daily work location is within an administrative office.
- There are work activities in the laboratory environment.
- Exposure to toxins and infectious agents exist, but potential for personal injury or harm is minimized if established safety and health precautions are followed.
- Must refer to and are expected to comply with procedure manuals, follow proper laboratory protocols and safety policy/procedures, and be familiar with material data safety sheets in assigned work areas.
- Able to read and understand all Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) guidelines applicable to assigned work area.
- Working in laboratory where there may be discomforts due to odors, noise, temperature fluctuations, and working around lab equipment.
- Research areas may include animal, human, human products, DNA, and radiation protocols.
- Use of personal protective equipment may be advised or required.
- Staff may be required to complete annual competency review, and must insure compliance with Johns Hopkins Policy, Laboratory Policy & Procedure, Health, Safety & Environment regulations, and all applicable privacy & confidentiality laws/practices.
- Laboratories operate 24/7 with schedules on day, evening, or night shift. Rotating schedules which may include weekend work and holiday assignment. On call or call back support by IT staff is required, including during times of declared emergency.
Classified Title: Business Solution Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $69,830 - $95,950 annually (commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: M-F 8:30am-5:00pm
Exempt Status: Exempt
Location: School of Medicine Campus
Department name: SOM Pat Pathology Informatics
Personnel area: School of Medicine
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the HR Business Services Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.Equal Opportunity Employer
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled. EEO is the Law
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Business-Solution-Analyst-MD-21287/839329400/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency