Research Data Analyst
The Center for Population Health IT (CPHIT) is looking for an experienced Research Data Analyst
to work with a globally recognized team of faculty and staff to help support academic research and development of state- of-the art analytic tools to be applied in the US and across the globe. The Research Data Analyst will provide support to the team through database development, data analytics, and administrative support as needed. This will include developing analytic data sets, managing multiple databases and overseeing database development including infrastructure and architectural components. A successful candidate will work collaborative with various research teams in CPHIT and assisting in the work done around digital data and population health.Specific Duties & Responsibilities:
Minimum Qualifications (Mandatory):
- Provide database support in SQL or other relational databases
- Assist in programing an developing analytic datasets with research teams
- Develop reports and conduct data analysis with researchers
- Manage data security and privacy protocols
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's Degree in related discipline
- 3 years related experience
- Experience in use of relational database software (SQL/MS, SQL server, ect)
- Statistical background or knowledge of statistical methods
- Additional education (Master's level) may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula*
* JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for the required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job. ** Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date. Preferred Qualifications:
- Master (MS, MBA, MPH) Degree in a related discipline (Public Health, Statistics, Computer Science, Informatics)
- Experience manipulating large patient claims databases or Electronic health record databases
- Can independently conduct retrospective data analysis with limited supervision
- Familiarity with diagnosis (ICD-10), procedure (CPT), National Drug Code (NDC) coding system
- Good communication skills with the ability to communicate findings in meetings
Classified Title: Research Data Analyst
Working Title: Research Data Analyst
Starting Salary Range: $45,650 - $62,849 - $81,650 (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Monday - Friday
Exempt Status: Exempt
Department name: 60004109-Health Policy & Management -CPHIT
Personnel area: School of Public Health Total Rewards
The referenced salary range is based on Johns Hopkins University's good faith belief at the time of posting. Actual compensation may vary based on factors such as geographic location, work experience, market conditions, education/training and skill level. Johns Hopkins offers a total rewards package that supports our employees' health, life, career and retirement. More information can be found here: https://hr.jhu.edu/benefits-worklife/Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check. Johns Hopkins is committed to hiring individuals with a justice-involved background, consistent with applicable policies and current practice. A prior criminal history does not automatically preclude candidates from employment at Johns Hopkins University. In accordance with applicable law, the university will review, on an individual basis, the date of a candidate's conviction, the nature of the conviction and how the conviction relates to an essential job-related qualification or function.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion
.Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfAccommodation Information
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-Research-Data-Analyst-MD-21205/830473900/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency