Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. In partnership with the UC Health academic healthcare system and Cincinnati Children’s Hospital Medical Center, College of Medicine’s doctors and faculty are transforming the world of medicine every day. The Department of Internal Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. With world-class research, teaching and medical practice opportunities, why not choose the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine? The University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM), Department of Internal Medicine, Division of Immunology, Allergy and Rheumatology is seeking a MD academic clinician educator to provide leadership focused in the areas of clinical Allergy/Immunology and education. This opportunity provides the ability to work in a collaborative manner within and across divisions and departments in the medical center. The individual will share weekend/holiday/night call in accordance with division policies. Availability for research based on interest is available. Faculty rank and compensation will be commensurate with experience. This position is eligible for variable pay based on productivity. Essential Functions
- Patient care responsibilities including, but not limited to, outpatient clinic and inpatient hospital service and consults.
- Teaching and training learners at multiple levels in the education process.
- Precepting fellows, residents and/or medical students in an ambulatory and inpatient setting.
- Providing lectures or leading small group discussions as part of the COM or fellowship curriculum curriculum.
- Attend meetings, participate in governance, prepare materials for teaching.
Applicants are required to have:
Compensation and Benefits
- Board eligible/Board certified in Allergy and Immunology
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN