Assistant Professor/Nurse Anesthesia Program Administrator
- Murray State University
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Health & Medical, Nursing
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant Professor/Nurse Anesthesia Program AdministratorType of Employment:
Regular Full-TimeWork Location:
12 MonthsPosition Type:
Nurse Anesthetist ProgramSummary of Job Duties and Responsibilities:
Full-time, twelve-month, tenure-track Assistant Professor/Nurse Anesthesia Program Administrator beginning March 1, 2023. This position will have responsibilities at both the Murray and Madisonville Campuses.
To provide primary responsibility for coordination and educational leadership of the nurse anesthesia program within the School of Nursing and Health Professions. Expected to demonstrate a commitment to scholarship and service, as well as excellence in teaching.
- Assumes primary responsibility for directing the DNP-Nurse Anesthesia program to comply with the mission of Murray State University, School of Nursing and Health Professions, and the standards set by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs (COA) and the Kentucky Board of Nursing (KBN) regulations.
- Plans and coordinates the clinical affiliations/contracts.
- Participates in the selection of students.
- Participates in the evaluation of the nurse anesthesia faculty.
- Participates in didactic instruction and has a load reduction in teaching assignments of 1/2 release time.
- Participate in committee meetings as assigned.
- Assist in efforts to maintain accreditation.
- Assist in program communication with clinical facilities utilized for learning experiences.
- Participate in teaching excellence, service, and scholarship activities.
- Serve as DNP project advisor.
- Assist the DNP Program Director in advising students related to admission, progression, and fulfillment of program requirements.
- Assist SONHP Dean and DNP Program Director with the completion of university, state regulatory and/or accrediting agency reports.
- Assist SONHP Dean and DNP Program Director to inform state regulatory bodies and accrediting agencies of program changes as required.
- Assist SONHP Dean and DNP Program Director with monitoring program compliance with Kentucky Administrative Regulations regarding graduate nursing programs.
- Maintain records of students’ academic credentials, licensure, and other program-required documentation (ACLS, BLS, PALS, liability insurance, medical, etc.).
- Assist with the development and implementation of a student handbook specifying the program’s policies and procedures and educational student expectations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctorate degree in nursing is required.
- Current RN and APRN CRNA license.
- Certification by the National Board of Certification of Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA).
- Must have attained or be eligible for licensure in Kentucky.
- BLS, PALS and ACLS are required.
- At least one year of previous clinical teaching experience as a CRNA or formal training in curriculum, instruction, and evaluation preferred.
12/02/2022Open Until Filled:
NoSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
Along with the application, the following items must be included:
- Letter of application
- Curriculum Vitae
For best consideration, please submit a completed application along with all required materials by January 2, 2023. Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
For 100 years Murray State University has served students from the region, the nation and the world. Founded in 1922, the University has grown from an enrollment of 202 students to 9,500 today. Murray State blends educational opportunities found at research institutions with collaborative interactions among students, faculty and staff found at smaller universities. Students receive personalized attention from supportive faculty and staff as the University offers a 16:1 student-to-faculty ratio.
Murray State University places our highest priority on student learning and excellent teaching, blending the range of educational opportunities often experienced at research institutions with the nurturing student-teacher interactions usually found at smaller universities. Murray State embraces diversity in the workplace and values attracting, developing and maintaining a diverse, high-quality faculty, staff, and student body. The University endeavors to create and promote a culturally diverse community to be accepting of and sensitive to diversity in its many varied forms. Murray State has been continuously accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACSCOC) since 1928.
- U.S. News & World Report (32 consecutive years as a top-tier university) and top 10 in south region for Top Public Schools, Best Value and Best College for Veterans
- Washington Monthly Best Bang for the Buck
- G.I. Jobs Military Friendly School
- Forbes Best Employers List
Located in the west Kentucky region, Murray State is a public, comprehensive University with four colleges (business; science, engineering and technology; humanities and fine arts; education and human services)– and two schools (agriculture; nursing and health professions). The University's 236-acre main campus is located in Murray, Kentucky and offers undergraduate, graduate, and doctoral programs, professional instruction, as well as continuing education programs. Faculty and staff of Murray State University have access to a comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, retirement, tuition waivers, paid holidays, vacation and sick time, as well as many other benefit offerings.
The city of Murray, located in Calloway County, offers a low cost of living, low property taxes, and a four-season climate. Murray has a friendly, small-town atmosphere with locally-owned specialty shops and restaurants, an acclaimed community theater, art guild and award-winning public schools. The area is home to Kentucky Lake and Land Between the Lakes, a 170,000-acre National Recreation Area, which offers a wide-range of activities and amenities for residents and visitors alike. Located in close proximity to major cities and nearby access to Interstate 24, Murray is just a few hours from Nashville, St. Louis, Louisville and Memphis.
- (270) 809-2146
412 Sparks Hall
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert