Job no: 492704
Work type: Faculty (Full Time)
Location: Marion, IN
Categories: Faculty, Healthcare/Medical/Nursing
Job Title: Pre-licensure Nursing Faculty
Reporting Relationship: Dean, Division of Pre-licensure Nursing, School of Nursing, IWU-Marion
Department: Bachelor's Nursing
Campus Location: Ott Hall of Sciences & NursingSummary of Position: Responsible to manage and teach curricula within the Division of Pre-licensure Nursing. A minimum of 10 hours per week of scheduled office time set aside for contact with students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach 24 credit hours in Pre-licensure Nursing per year.
- May include teaching summer courses.
- Maintain expertise in specific teaching area of nursing.
- Maintain knowledge of The Essentials of Nursing Education for Baccalaureate Degree Programs.
- Assist in keeping curricula current and evidence-based.
- May maintain clinical practice (not to exceed 15 hours per week).
- Participate in SON and university committees as elected/appointed.
- Advise students in achieving the requirements for graduation.
- Advise students in achieving the requirements for NCLEX.
- Assist students in self-evaluation, career planning and spiritual formation.
- Attend graduations/retreat/convocation/and other SON activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications: According to Indiana Wesleyan University employment policy all employees must possess a strong Christian commitment and adhere to the standards outlined in the IWU Community Lifestyle Statement.
- Preferred: Doctorate in Nursing or other
- Required: Master of Science in Nursing
- CPR certified
- Active, unencumbered Indiana Nursing license
- Must have three years of nursing experience
- Great accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to work well with a team and yet be able to work independently
- Ability to accurately follow instructions
- Excellent organization skills
- Excellent word processing, database and spreadsheet skills
- Ability to professionally handle confidential information
- Excellent interpersonal skills for relating effectively with employees throughout the
- Excellent telephone skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent role model of inter-professional competency domains
- Problem-solving skills
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
As a religious educational institution operating under the auspices of The Wesleyan Church, Indiana Wesleyan University is permitted and reserves the right to prefer employees on the basis of religion (42 U.S.C., Sections 2000e-1 and 2000e-2).
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position. Employees will be required to follow other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Advertised: 01 Dec 2022 US Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: 10 Dec 2023 US Eastern Standard Time