School of Medicine Established in 1930, Duke University School of Medicine is the youngest of the nation's top medical schools. Ranked sixth among medical schools in the nation, the School takes pride in being an inclusive community of outstanding learners, investigators, clinicians, and staff where interdisciplinary collaboration is embraced and great ideas accelerate translation of fundamental scientific discoveries to improve human health locally and around the globe. Composed of more than 2,500 faculty physicians and researchers, more than 1,300 students, and more than 6,000 staff, the Duke University School of Medicine along with the Duke University School of Nursing, Duke University Health System and the Private Diagnostic Clinic (PDC) comprise Duke Health. a world-class academic medical center. The Health System encompasses Duke University Hospital, Duke Regional Hospital, Duke Raleigh Hospital, Duke Primary Care, Duke Home and Hospice, Duke Health and Wellness, and multiple affiliations.
Job Title: Digital Marketing & Communications Strategist for Development
- Enthusiastically support in the ideation, implementation and optimization of an integrated, universal content and experience strategy to nurture and expand the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center vibrant donor community.
- Support the management of an annual digital content calendar that prioritizes a meaningful donor experience – from increased awareness to engagement, conversion and retention.
- Curate diverse content for Angels Among Us and identify creative opportunities to integrate it into Department of Neurosurgery/Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center communications to engage the donor community.
- Help participants set up teams and modify team information; over 300 teams, maintain spreadsheets and our matching program
- Help team members establish and execute fundraisers, auction items, venues, etc., participate when possible (normally involves going to events & provide credit card machines)
- Manage Angels Among Us website; team pages, navigation pages, run reports
- Create yearly giving website platform in Convio
- Manage teams and connect with team captains, current and previous
- Record statistical information; Nov-Feb monthly, Mar-Apr weekly
- Manage Angels Facebook page; post current events, fundraisers, holidays, national days
- Create email posts in Convio for participant encouragement and philanthropy purposes
- Create a strategic marketing plan for Angels Among Us and implement-advertising, promotions, patient stories, etc.
- Search for new sponsors and send sponsorship packets to new and old sponsors
- Create AAU event books for clinic 3-1 (Shutterfly or similar)
- Monitor and respond to the AngelsAmongUs@duke.edu email
- As needed, take ownership of the production and monitoring of digital engagement communications, programming, and strategy for these entities.
- Assist in creating and curating content including, but not limited to e-newsletters, fundraising campaigns, upcoming events, and medical center news.
- Monitor sponsorship trends and pro-actively identify new business opportunities for companies & individuals to engage with Angels Among Us/Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center.
- Manage PRTBTC website; update staff; timelines; news and stories
- Be responsible for building and leading all elements of the cycling fundraising event(s) for Angels Among Us.
- Be responsible for starting new fundraising, events, marketing, communications and fund growth by activities that can help expand donations throughout the Northeast region.
- Be an in person staff member for the annual Angels Among Us event.
Metrics for Evaluation:
- Increase brand awareness of the Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center/Angels Among Us in the North East via impressions, engagement, and conversion as a result of our communications (social media, newsletters, emails, events etc.).
- Secure incremental donations by at least 5% annually in line with Preston Robert Tisch Brain Tumor Center /Angels Among Us’ organizational growth.
- Increase communications (social media, e-newsletters etc.) throughout the year to PRTBTC’s new and existing donor community.
- To build and lead a sustainable annual cycling fundraiser.
- Work with Katie Massey and Anne Beebe on all event logistics (Event set up, coordination of all event activities, volunteer support, see attached monthly to do list)
Work requires communications and marketing skills normally acquired through a bachelor's degree in a related field.
Work generally requires two years related experience in advertising, OR AN EQUIVALENT COMBINATION OF RELEVANT EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE marketing, media, promotions, graphic arts or public relations.
Duke is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual's age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Duke aspires to create a community built on collaboration, innovation, creativity, and belonging. Our collective success depends on the robust exchange of ideas—an exchange that is best when the rich diversity of our perspectives, backgrounds, and experiences flourishes. To achieve this exchange, it is essential that all members of the community feel secure and welcome, that the contributions of all individuals are respected, and that all voices are heard. All members of our community have a responsibility to uphold these values.
Essential Physical Job Functions: Certain jobs at Duke University and Duke University Health System may include essentialjob functions that require specific physical and/or mental abilities. Additional information and provision for requests for reasonable accommodation will be provided by each hiring department.