Perioperative Nursing InstructorStatus of Position:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
Prairie State College seeks an experienced part-time/temporary hourly instructor to teach perioperative procedures to registered nurses. Ideal candidates will have experience as a certified surgical technician, or operating room/scrub nurse.Positon requires classroom instruction on scrub role duties, preparation of the surgical field and supplies/instruments delivered to the field; surgical field environment and collaboration; and, hospital policy and procedure compliance.Reporting Relationship:
Manager, Workforce and Community Partnerships-Workforce ProfessionsEssential Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver customized training (as per established curriculum) for healthcare partners.
- Provide instruction to registered nurses in the following areas:
a. scrubbing, gowning and gloving requirements in surgical field setting up the surgical field; surgical supply management, including but not limited to sterile technique principles; instrumentation types and uses; and patient safety procedures.
- Flexible to meet the customized training needs of the healthcare provider.
- Organize concepts to be taught in a logical and understandable manner covering all objectives outlined in the training program.
- Effectively communicate with students and staff to ensure training outcomes are met.
- Maintain and submit accurate records of grades and attendance.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned that are reasonably within the scope of duties enumerated above.
- Associate’s Degree
- Perioperative/Certified Surgical Technician
- 3-5 years related work experience
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Experience using technology in the classroom
- Demonstrated knowledge of adult learners
Anticipated Work Hours and Days:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Registered Nurse/CNOR
- Experience teaching, especially at the community college level
- Experience working with culturally and intellectually diverse group
- Ability to create diverse teaching methods.
Varies as per course schedule and/or customized trainingSalary:
Minimum starting $30/hr.Posting Date:
12/01/2022Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically.