Network Administrator III
The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia is seeking a full-time Network Administrator III to join our Information Technology Resources team.
The Network Administrator III reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the ITR Chief Information Officer. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the ITR Chief Information Officer. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible.
- Design, implement and manage a large, complex university network infrastructure; including switches, routers, wireless access points and the installation of additional servers, (on prem and virtual.)
- Responsible for daily administration of the university network/server environment, including wired and wireless environments.
- Installs, configures, and maintains system software. monitors network performance, troubleshoots issues and deploys solutions.
Specific Job Duties:
- Plans and implements timely upgrades, patches, and installation of new applications and equipment. Creates and maintains a disaster recovery, security and back up and restore plan. Evaluate new technologies to optimize network efficiency and performance.
- Develop and implement standards, procedures and processes for NOC.
- Administer firewalls and internal network security, maintain antivirus systems.
- Support validation, deployment, optimization and operations of network nodes.
- Manage key provider relationships.
- Provide planning for medium and long-term timelines and proving costs for upgrades and future innovations.
Annual Salary: Up to $90,000 annually.
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long-term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (7.5 hours/day with some evenings and weekends to meet needs of the department may be required)
- Standing, walking, climbing ladders, lifting.
- 4-7 years of related experience.
- Network Administrator Certification.
- Experience with VPN, cloud, and routing protocols.
- Experience with DCHP.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field.
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.