Assistant Director for Advancement Operations
The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia is seeking a full-time Assistant Director of Advancement Operations to join our Office of Advancement team.
The Assistant Director of Advancement Operations reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the Senior Director of Advancement Administration. The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the end of each fiscal year. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible.
Job Purpose: The Assistant Director of Advancement Operations supports each area of the Advancement team in performing the duties necessary to engage our constituency in the life of the institution.
Specific Job Duties:
- In coordination with Advancement Leadership:
- Assists in the planning, scheduling and implementation of alumni and donor events on campus; assisting with the coordination and operation of all logistics related to dining services, security, including contracts and Business Office payments. Works in conjunction with the Office of Conference and Events Services.
- Manages all logistical aspects of on-campus and off-campus Advancement events and is responsible for the effective hand-off and communication with the on-site team to hold the event.
- Assist with all day-to-day activities related to operations in the Office of Advancement.
- Supports the Office of Advancement with data needs including but not limited to: event data management, communication facilitation in conjunction with the Director of Advancement Communications, and constituency data maintenance.
- Manages special projects as assigned by the Senior Director of Advancement Administration.
- Operates with a high degree of independence, judgment, consistency, discretion, and fiscal management.
- Performs any other related duties as may be required.
Starting Salary: $38,000
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long-term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. The normal work schedule is 37.5 hours per week and includes much contact with employees of the university and the general public. Some evenings and weekends to meet needs of the department may be required.
- Ability to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand, comprehend and follow directions.
- Ability to organize work, set priorities, work proactively, respond to a changing environment positively, and consistently remain service-oriented when dealing with the University’s constituencies.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks smoothly and effectively with close attention to accuracy and details.
- Must exercise discretion in handling confidential information and demonstrate commitment to working as a team player.
- The functions of this position are usually performed sitting, but may involve some amount of time walking or standing.
- Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting, or carrying may be required. Tasks such as working at a computer keyboard involve extensive wrist and hand movements.
- Must have experience in the planning, scheduling and implementation of events.
- Experience with Advancement specific applications, online alumni communities, volunteer management tools, and/or significant experience with other comparable systems.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) and Google Suite.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Work Remotely: No
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.