Help Desk Manager
The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia is seeking a full-time Help Desk Manager to join our Information Technology and Resources team.
The Help Desk Manager reports to, is supervised by, and evaluated by the Chief Information Officer (CIO). The evaluation of work performance will be ongoing and will be carried out by the CIO. It will include the specific duties and responsibilities of this position description plus employee attitude and general working behavior.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits-eligible, exempt.
- Manages the staff and operations of a technical help desk.
- Ensures team members are trained and coached on effective methods to research, troubleshoot, deliver solutions, and access the current product or technical updates.
- Implements and fully utilizes a help desk system and tools to identify, document, track and resolve reported problems.
- Identifies and gathers key metrics to analyze the help desk performance and identify and correct problem areas.
Specific Job Duties:
- Develops and optimizes processes to achieve service level requirements and performance goals.
- May act as an escalation point and facilitator for severe, critical, or unique issues.
- Develops and implements standards, procedures, and processes for the IT help desk.
- Provide planning for medium and long-term timelines and provide costs for upgrades and future innovations using an asset management system.
Starting Salary: $70,000
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long-term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (For example: 7.5 hours/day with some evenings and weekends to meet the needs of the department may be required.)
Experience/Skills: The Help Desk Manager has excellent skills in advanced troubleshooting in a variety of computer workstations and computer-to-network problems, basic network operations, and hardware diagnostics.
Physical Demands: Prolonged sitting and/or wrist movement and the ability to lift 30 lbs.
Required Qualifications: 4-7 years of help desk experience.
Preferred qualifications: Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and problem-solving skills and ability to prioritize tasks and projects.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical or related field.
Work Remotely: No
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.