Tenure-Track Faculty Position in Mathematics
- Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
- Terre Haute, Indiana
- Competitive Salary + Benefits
- Faculty Jobs
- Engineering & Mathematics, Mathematics
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
The Mathematics Department at Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology invites applications for a tenure-track faculty position at the Assistant Professor level, starting in the Fall of 2023. Our mission is “to provide students with the world’s best undergraduate science, engineering, and mathematics education in an environment of individual attention and support.” If this resonates with you, then we think you’ll love what we have to offer.
We seek inspiring educators who will strengthen our degree programs in mathematics, biomathematics, data science, computational science, or our minor in statistics. We are especially interested in candidates that can assist our data science program. We will consider candidates with expertise in any area of the mathematical sciences.
Requirements include a doctorate in Mathematics, Applied Mathematics, Statistics, or a closely-related field by start of employment. Candidates are expected to have a strong commitment to excellence in undergraduate teaching and continued scholarly and professional development. Experience teaching undergraduate courses in the mathematical sciences with full responsibility is preferred. Candidates with the ability to advance the Department's commitment to diversity and inclusion through research, teaching and outreach with relevant programs, goals and activities are preferred.
The department and the institute place a high value on engaging students from traditionally underrepresented groups, and candidates from these groups are especially encouraged to apply. Individuals who interact well with both students and faculty within our science, engineering and computer science programs are also encouraged to apply. Essential job functions include classroom teaching, curriculum development and continuous improvement, research and other professional development activities, student advising and service to the department and institute.
Rose-Hulman is an institute of technology with approximately 2200 undergraduate engineering, science and mathematics students, with most of the undergraduate students in the engineering disciplines. Every undergraduate student on campus is required to take at least five mathematics courses, consisting of calculus, differential equations and either statistics or probability. In support of our mission, our class sizes are small. As a result, our mathematics faculty is large (over 25) and we are able to offer a wide range of upper-level elective courses. More information regarding our department can be found at http://www.rose-hulman.edu/math.
Application: Applicants must submit their application through Rose-Hulman’s Faculty Employment Opportunities website. Applicants must submit the following items:
- Cover letter
- Statement on teaching philosophy and practices that demonstrates you share our passion for teaching and mentoring undergraduate students.
- Statement on professional development/research goals. Note that the Mathematics department broadly defines professional development as “growth in a faculty member’s understanding of mathematics, its application, or growth in pedagogical skills.”
- Statement demonstrating commitment to diversity and inclusion. This statement should highlight your particular strengths, experiences, or perspectives that might serve to broaden and enhance our students’ educational experience. It should also demonstrate an understanding and acceptance of equity, inclusion and diversity topics, and that they are broader than just race, ethnicity and gender.
- Curriculum vitae
- Graduate transcripts (official or unofficial)
- Contact information for at least three (3) letters of recommendation, with at least one specifically addressing the applicant's teaching ability and experience. A request for the letters of recommendation will be sent to applicants from the applicant tracking system.
For full consideration, candidates are encouraged to apply by December 30, 2022.
Professor David Rader
Department of Mathematics
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology
5500 Wabash Ave.
Terre Haute, IN 47803
Email Contact: [email protected]
Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer. It is the Institute’s policy to treat all employees and applicants equally according to their individual qualifications, abilities, experiences, and other employment standards. Rose-Hulman will not discriminate against any employee, applicant for employment, student or applicant for admission on the basis of race, religion, sex, pregnancy, ethnicity, national origin (including ancestry), citizenship status, physical or mental disability, age, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status (including special disabled veteran, Vietnam-era veteran, or recently separated veteran), predisposing genetic characteristics, or any other protected category under applicable local, state or federal law, including protections for those opposing discrimination or participating in any complaint process on campus or within the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission or other human rights agencies. Rose-Hulman Institute of Technology is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for individuals with disabilities in employment, its services, programs, and activities. To request reasonable accommodation, please contact the Office of Human Resources.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert