Campus Safety Patrol Officer
- Oglethorpe University
- Oglethorpe University - Atlanta, GA, 30319
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job Location: Oglethorpe University - Atlanta, GA
Position Type: Both FT & PT Work Available
Education Level: High School Diploma RequiredThis position reports to the Associate Director of Campus Safety and will provide and assist in the immediate protection and security of students, faculty and staff in various campus buildings and/or property within the college community by enforcing the policies and procedures set by the college, state laws and local ordinances. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide security and protective services to the campus community patrolling assigned buildings and grounds.
- Respond to emergencies by assessing the situation and employing tact, diplomacy and individual judgment in order to remedy and/or maintain control.
- Maintain regular radio contact with the Campus Information Center, report any unusual situations, and to request backup when needed.
- Provide crowd and/or traffic control during scheduled activities and/or emergency situations.
- Provide access to buildings when requested and verifies that such access is authorized.
- Maintain and improve skills and knowledge by attending training courses/seminars.
- Provide basic information and direction to the campus community and general public.
- Perform Campus Information duties as requested.
- Understand and carry out emergency or special event procedures in conjunction with other college personnel.
- Handle timely and tense situations in a professional manner, according to departmental guidelines.
Founded in 1835, Oglethorpe University is Atlanta’s only co-educational small private college, home to more than 1350 eclectic and engaged students from 33 states and 31 countries.
Renowned for the groundbreaking Oglethorpe Core, Oglethorpe's academically rigorous programs emphasize intellectual curiosity, individual attention, close collaboration among faculty and students, and active learning in relevant field experiences. Students connect theory and practice with the help of Oglethorpe’s A_LAB (Atlanta Laboratory for Learning), an incubator for experiential learning through internships, study abroad, civic engagement, and undergraduate research.
Oglethorpe is in an unprecedented era of growth and innovation, evidenced by increased enrollment and philanthropic giving, and new strategic entrepreneurial partnerships and programs. In 2018, Oglethorpe launched Flagship 50, a groundbreaking merit tuition scholarship program that matches all 50 states’ flagship tuition for qualified students. The 2020 Fiske Guide to Colleges named Oglethorpe one of only 20 “Best Buy Schools” in the nation and the only one in Georgia for the third year in a row.
This year marks the opening of the I.W. “Ike” Cousins Center for Science and Innovation and the Q. William Hammack, Jr. School of Business. Oglethorpe received a $50 million gift commitment, the largest in its history, from alumnus Bill Hammack ’73 to establish the new school of business.
In the past five years, Oglethorpe has seen the addition of an award-winning campus center; a residential complex with six state-of-the-art classrooms; and the expansion of arts and athletics facilities. Oglethorpe’s study abroad venture with LeadAbroad has expanded its global footprint, with the development of five global campuses in Barcelona, Cape Town, Greece, Paris, and Rome.
Oglethorpe is home to the Conant Performing Arts Center, Oglethorpe University Museum of Art, and the Piedmont School of Atlanta. The Oglethorpe Stormy Petrels compete in the NCAA Division III Southern Athletic Association.
Oglethorpe is ideally located in the newly-formed city of Brookhaven, an inner suburb of Atlanta recently cited as the safest city in the metro area and one of the most popular destinations for singles and families alike. The campus is situated on Atlanta’s famous Peachtree Road, less than a mile from the Brookhaven-Oglethorpe University MARTA station and easily accessed from all major interstates. The university is just minutes from Atlanta’s best shopping and dining.
Brookhaven boasts a variety of living options from large historic homes, mid-century bungalows, and newly-constructed homes, townhomes and apartments, including a new luxury rental apartment complex on Oglethorpe’s campus. Residents enjoy an extensive and growing system of parks and walking trails, nature preserves, annual festivals, and top-notch public and private schools.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert