- Johns Hopkins University
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Human Resources & Employee Development
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
We are seeking a HR Coordinator who will provide a wide range of payroll and human resource support functions for both Baltimore and off-site locations in support of multiple departments in a shared services model. The HR Coordinator is the first and primary point of contact for administration, faculty, staff and students with regards to JHU human resource policies, procedures, and practices and serves as a resource working with a wide audience of constituents regarding hiring, compensation, payroll and leave. The position requires excellent organization, communication and follow-through skills.
*This position is eligible for a hybrid working arrangement. Some in-person/on campus attendance will be required.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Initiate or oversee multiple payroll actions (ISRs) on a daily/weekly basis, including but not limited to: new hires, terminations, leave of absences, salary changes, position changes, reassignments, remove from temp. inactive status, bonus supplements.
- Process or oversee CATS (Time Entry) for hourly students and staff on a weekly basis.
- Initiates student hiring process and payroll processing for teaching assistants, student research assistants, and fellowship positions.
- Initiate and complete I9 processing of all new hires, as well as tax forms and social security number requests for foreign nationals.
- Monitor E210 and process overtime payments for non-exempt staff through consultation with departmental administration.
- Facilitate departmental requests for new hires of staff, including gathering and processing information into hire ISR for submission to Success Factors online recruiting system.
- Ensure all new staff are scheduled for orientations, required on-line courses, etc.
- Coordinates merit review process, using departmental and university guidelines to advise management on merit increases.
- Liaisons with International Office regarding visa issues, ensuring all documentation is submitted appropriately.
- Assists with the maintenance of HR databases and master data.
- Assists with maintaining personnel records and appropriate payroll related documents, including generating monthly temp. inactive, overpayment, and work authorization reports.
- Researches and resolves payroll issues for employees.
- Collaborates with various groups on campus, including HR Shared Services, JHSPH Finance Office, Central HR, departmental leadership and Office of International Services to understand policies and procedures and troubleshoot issues.
- Performs related HR duties include issuing FMLA paperwork and related leave, resolving questions about benefits, and troubleshooting questions regarding E210 time keeping.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Three years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
- SAP experience preferred.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks efficiently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently with minimal supervision.
Classified Title: HR Coordinator
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OE
Starting Salary Range: $17.95-$25.30 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon. - Fri. 8:30 am - 5:00 pm / 7.50 hrs./day
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/School of Public Health
Department name: Bloomberg Human Resource Services
Personnel area: School of Public Health
Please refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency are permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
*JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion.
Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
EEO is the Law
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu.
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/ and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/.
The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-HR-Coordinator-MD-21205/955915100/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency jeid-046b0fcf51e6c047aa1a358e5fa176a1
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert