We are seeking a HR Assistant
for the Center for Talented Youth will assist with a variety of personnel and administrative duties. Providing general office support for recruitment, sourcing, onboarding, leave and records function, which will include setting up and maintaining personnel files, processing paper employment verifications Assist with employee benefit and payroll inquiries.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Managing office workflow, correspondence, data compilation and records maintenance.
- Gathering, compiling and processing new hire paperwork for over 1,700 summer casual employees with accuracy and efficiency.
- Support the recruiting process by organizing, filing and sharing documents.
- Support purchasing and vendor projects developing SharePoint workflows for storing documents.
- Create and maintain staff personnel and FMLA files via CTY file system.
- Answer routine and basic questions from employees and departments related to the FMLA process.
- Working knowledge of the E210 system in order to assist employees and departments with basic questions related to time and attendance.
- Maintain HR Business Partner and Departmental Contact lists.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or graduation equivalent.
- Two years related experience.
- Additional education may substitute for required experience, to the extent permitted by the JHU equivalency formula.
Special Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- High level administrative expertise with prior experience drafting policy manuals (office, records retention); strong project management skills; detail oriented with strong organizational skills.
- Adept with MS office calendar management (preparing documents for central meetings)- scheduling and communicating with leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills and ability to maintain confidentiality and security of personal information.
Technical Qualifications or Specialized Certifications
- Intermediate to advanced technical skills and proficiency in various software applications on the Windows platform, including MS office 365, Microsoft Word, Access, Excel and PowerPoint. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to sit in a normal seated position for extended periods of time.
- Occasional movement about the office to access file cabinets, office machinery, various workstations, etc. including movement from floor to floor using elevators and stairs.
- Constantly operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a copy machine and printer. Dexterity of hands to operate a computer keyboard, mouse pad and other office machinery.
- Frequent communication with internal and external customers and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations verbally and in writing.
- Position also requires a degree of mobility common to working in an office environment; bending, kneeling or standing during events and presentations may be required.
Classified Title: HR Assistant
Role/Level/Range: ATO 37.5/02/OD
Starting Salary Range: $15.70 - $21.53 HRLY (Commensurate with experience)
Employee group: Full Time
Schedule: Mon-Fri / 8:30am - 5pm
Exempt Status: Non-Exempt
Location: Hybrid/Mount Washington Campus
Department name: Human Resources
Personnel area: Academic and Business Centers NOTE:
This hybrid position must be worked from Mt. Washington/Baltimore, MD
This position does not offer sponsorshipPlease refer to the job description above to see which forms of equivalency may be permitted for this position. If permitted, equivalencies will follow these guidelines:
JHU Equivalency Formula: 30 undergraduate degree credits (semester hours) or 18 graduate degree credits may substitute for one year of experience. Additional related experience may substitute for required education on the same basis. For jobs where equivalency is permitted, up to two years of non-related college course work may be applied towards the total minimum education/experience required for the respective job.
**Applicants who do not meet the posted requirements but are completing their final academic semester/quarter will be considered eligible for employment and may be asked to provide additional information confirming their academic completion date.
The successful candidate(s) for this position will be subject to a pre-employment background check.
The Johns Hopkins University values diversity, equity and inclusion and advances these through our key strategic framework, the JHU Roadmap on Diversity and Inclusion
.Equal Opportunity Employer
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.EEO is the Law
Learn more:https://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/poster_screen_reader_optimized.pdfAccommodation Information
If you are interested in applying for employment with The Johns Hopkins University and require special assistance or accommodation during any part of the pre-employment process, please contact the Talent Acquisition Office at [email protected]
. For TTY users, call via Maryland Relay or dial 711. For more information about workplace accommodations or accessibility at Johns Hopkins University, please visit accessibility.jhu.edu
Johns Hopkins has mandated COVID-19 and influenza vaccines, as applicable. Exceptions to the COVID and flu vaccine requirements may be provided to individuals for religious beliefs or medical reasons. Requests for an exception must be submitted to the JHU vaccination registry. For additional information, applicants for SOM positions should visit https://www.hopkinsmedicine.org/coronavirus/covid-19-vaccine/
and all other JHU applicants should visit https://covidinfo.jhu.edu/health-safety/covid-vaccination-information/
.The following additional provisions may apply, depending on campus. Your recruiter will advise accordingly.
The pre-employment physical for positions in clinical areas, laboratories, working with research subjects, or involving community contact requires documentation of immune status against Rubella (German measles), Rubeola (Measles), Mumps, Varicella (chickenpox), Hepatitis B and documentation of having received the Tdap (Tetanus, diphtheria, pertussis) vaccination. This may include documentation of having two (2) MMR vaccines; two (2) Varicella vaccines; or antibody status to these diseases from laboratory testing. Blood tests for immunities to these diseases are ordinarily included in the pre-employment physical exam except for those employees who provide results of blood tests or immunization documentation from their own health care providers. Any vaccinations required for these diseases will be given at no cost in our Occupational Health office.
Note: Job Postings are updated daily and remain online until filled.
To apply, visit https://jobs.jhu.edu/job/Baltimore-HR-Assistant-MD-21209/945126700/
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency