Assistant/Associate Professor of Marketing
The Stiller School of Business
at Champlain College seeks an energetic practitioner-educator to join our faculty in support of our Marketing program starting Fall Semester 2023. Our mission is "to develop the strengths, integrity, expertise and entrepreneurial mindset of aspiring and innovative professionals to create positive change in their lives, workplaces, communities, and the world." We are looking for a colleague who is aligned with our passion for delivering professionally- and globally-focused, experiential education aimed at preparing the next generation of business leaders to make a positive impact in the world, and will contribute to our commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging.
Reporting to the Dean of the Stiller School of Business, you will support the dynamic needs of our business school as we continue to evolve our curriculum to meet the changing needs of today's professionals in a global environment. You will bring your own practical marketing experiences from business organizations, as well as a commitment to teaching and supporting students on their learning journey. You will have a deep appreciation for the complexities of today's business landscape; be committed to our goal promoting diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging in all that we do, including our immediate work environment, teaching pedagogy, and curriculum design; have demonstrated the ability to work collaboratively with others to innovate; and embrace teaching from a strengths-based and growth mindset.What are the specific job responsibilities of this position?
The primary responsibility is face-to-face undergraduate instruction in courses as they relate to Marketing. Small class sizes optimize instructor-student interaction while hands-on activities translate theory into practice.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Teach a normal course load (4 courses per semester) based on the ongoing needs of the Marketing and Marketing Communication programs and the Stiller School of Business
- Provide advising, guidance and support to undergraduates, primarily Marketing, Marketing Communication and other Stiller students, for course planning and registration, career exploration, and professional development
- Work collaboratively with the Stiller Leadership Team, along with stakeholders across the college, to enhance course offerings and provide vision in reviewing, exploring and developing Marketing and innovative interdisciplinary business curriculum that could potentially be integrated with other programs across the College
In addition to these primary responsibilities, this faculty member is expected to contribute to the program, division, and college through:
- Student Recruitment
- Attend recruitment events, assist the Stiller Leadership Team in coordination of faculty participation, and liaise with institutional marketing and admissions departments to facilitate collaboration with faculty on copy and messaging
- Professional and Community Engagement
- Work in conjunction with the Stiller Dean, Institutional Advancement, Career Collaborative and Alumni Relations to speak at community events, nurture relationships with key stakeholders, and assist in developing internship and employment possibilities
The successful candidate will also help build intercultural understanding and demonstrate multicultural perspectives that can foster a diverse and inclusive community both inside and outside of the classroom.
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Demonstrated successful teaching experience, as the range of courses likely taught may span 1st thru 4th year Marketing and Marketing Communication students
- Extensive professional experience in the marketing industry with significant experience in digital marketing
- A minimum of a master's degree
- Marketing curriculum and course development experience
- Experience in working with diverse populations, demonstration of past and current involvement in promoting equity, inclusion, diversity, and belonging, and an understanding of inclusive pedagogies
- A willingness to collaborate across disciplines as Champlain builds new interdisciplinary programs in support of its 2030 Strategic Plan
Additional Information:Who We Are:
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, not-for-profit, private college in Burlington, Vermont, with additional campuses in Montreal, Canada, and Dublin, Ireland. Champlain offers a traditional undergraduate experience from its beautiful campus overlooking Lake Champlain and a broad portfolio of online degrees and certificates. The College is known for its distinctive and innovative approach to career-focused education so students can be, "Ready for Work. Ready for Life. Ready to Make a Difference." For the seventh year in a row, Champlain was named a "Most Innovative School" in the North by U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" rankings, and was listed among The Princeton Review's "The Best 387 Colleges" in 2022. Champlain is also featured in the 2021 Fiske Guide to Colleges as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain and was recognized as a 2020 College of Distinction for its "Engagement, Teaching, Community, and Outcomes."
Specifically, in our Stiller School of Business, we offer a comprehensive business curriculum that features extensive real-world experience and covers both the basics and the complexities of how business is conducted in a global economy. Our graduates are not only prepared to thrive in this accelerated age, they are set up to make a lasting impact through their work. We are proud that:
- Our strengths-based approach to education and advising helps students determine who they are, so they can choose programs and courses that align with their passions.
- 92% of the Stiller School Class of 2019 are employed or continuing their education within six months after graduation.
- Of those employed, 98% are in positions related to their career goals.
- These stellar career outcomes can be tied to the extensive hands-on learning opportunities our students receive through marketplace projects, simulations, case studies, and internships both here and abroad.
The successful completion of a criminal background check is required as a condition of employment.
Champlain College does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, place of birth, ancestry, religion, age, sexual orientation, sex, gender identity, veteran or military service status, HIV -positive status, qualified disability, or on the basis of any other status protected by law, and does not discriminate in the administration of its education and admission policies, scholarship and loan programs, employment practices or co-curricular and other College-administered programs. Champlain College will make reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified students, applicants for admission or employment, or employees. Please contact the People Center at 802.651.5800 with questions concerning the hiring process or future employment at Champlain College, or if auxiliary aids or services are needed to apply for employment at Champlain College.
Champlain College is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse community. Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain strives to be diverse and inclusive in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community are valued as individuals.
Applications are being considered on a rolling basis. Please submit a CV and a cover letter specifically addressing the desired qualifications, as well as a separate statement describing your teaching philosophy and how it aligns with Champlain's diversity, equity, and inclusion goals.
EU Employee Data Protection Notice:https://www.champlain.edu/privacy/eu-employee-data-protection-notice
To apply, visit https://champlain.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=156053&CNTRNO=0&TSTMP=0
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency