- University of Colorado Boulder
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Ethnic & Cultural Studies, Social Sciences, Anthropology & Archaeology, Geography
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Requisition Number: 42919
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Employment Type: Faculty
Schedule: Full Time
Posting Close Date:
Date Posted: 20-Sep-2022
This Teaching Assistant Professor position will serve as an Instructor and Assistant Director of the Social Sciences for the Miramontes Arts & Science Program (MASP). The Teaching Assistant Professor will teach two 1-credit seminars per semester and mentor approximately 80 MASP students majoring primarily in the Social Sciences and some STEM fields. This includes meeting with students regularly, developing academic plans for student persistence and postgraduate success, helping match students with resources and opportunities, etc. Additionally, the Assistant Director will aid the Faculty Director and Program Coordinator in developing programming for the school year, and assist with the planning, instruction, and administration of our summer bridge program. We are looking for someone with a Ph.D. in the social sciences or in higher education. This person should have a demonstrated commitment to working with first-generation college students and/or students who are traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
The Miramontes Arts & Sciences Program is a program dedicated to supporting motivated students who are members of a traditionally underrepresented community and/or are first-generation college students who want to be part of a diverse academic community in the College of Arts & Sciences at the University of Colorado Boulder. This challenging and enriching program exposes students to opportunities on campus to enhance their academic experience, offers one-credit seminars that foster skills to promote academic success, provides one-on-one academic guidance and mentoring, and provides a supportive community.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
- Teaching and mentoring students.
- Planning and providing relevant academic programming.
What You Should Know
- The anticipated start date is January 9, 2023.
- This is a three-year renewable position.
- All University of Colorado Boulder employees are required to comply with the campus COVID-19 vaccine requirement. New employees must provide proof of vaccination or receive a medical or religious exemption within 30 days of employment.
What We Can Offer
The starting pay for the 100% Instructor position is $52,000 - $55,000 per academic year (Aug - May), with additional summer pay for teaching and assisting with our summer bridge program.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
Be impactful. Be supportive. Be Boulder.
What We Require
- A Ph.D. in a social science field (e.g. anthropology, economics, ethnic studies, geography, political science, psychology, sociology, women & gender studies) OR STEM field (in particular, computer sciences, mathematics, neuroscience, physics) OR in higher education.
- A minimum of 2 years university teaching experience or equivalent training.
What You Will Need
- A commitment to working with first-generation college students and/or students who are traditionally underrepresented in higher education.
- Ability or experience in facilitating cohort experiences and mentoring focused on racial and gender identity, sexuality, and mental health of students in our demographic.
- Expertise and experience mentoring or working with first-generation college students and/or underrepresented racial and ethnic groups.
To apply, please submit the materials listed below in PDF format with the following naming convention:
- Cover Letter, which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications (LastName_FirstName_Cover.pdf).
- Curriculum Vitae (LastName_FirstName_CV.pdf).
- Diversity and Inclusion Statement, which demonstrates your commitment to engagement and inclusion of culturally diverse audiences in higher education (LastName_FirstName_Diversity.pdf).
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy (LastName_FirstName_Teaching.pdf).
- Syllabi of 2-3 courses taught in the past 5 years (LastName_FirstName_Syllabi.pdf).
- Course Evaluations of 3-4 courses taught in the past 5 years (LastName_FirstName_Evaluations.pdf).
- During the application process you will need to enter contact information for three references who will be contacted to provide letters of recommendation immediately after you apply.
Review of Applications will begin in November 1, 2022; applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, please apply through CU Boulder Jobs.
To apply, visit https://jobs.colorado.edu/jobs/JobDetail/Instructor/42919
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert