Post-Doctoral Fellow - 27401 Faculty Description University of Colorado | CU Anschutz Medical Campus School of Medicine/Dept of Medicine/Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism and Diabetes Post-Doctoral Fellow Position #00801970 – Requisition #27401
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers
The University of Colorado has a requirement for COVID-19 vaccinations and full completion thereof by 9/1/21 or upon start date. Information regarding this requirement, and exemptions can be found at:
Exemptions vary by campus location/department.
Anschutz Campus – Exemptions are allowed for medical or religious reasons. Denver Campus - Exemptions are allowed for medical, religious, or personal reasons. Consolidated/Central Services Administration – Will follow Anschutz policy on exemptions.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds. School of Medicine/Dept of Medicine has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Post-Doctoral Fellow position
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus is a world-class medical destination at the forefront of transformative science, medicine, education and patient care. The campus encompasses the University of Colorado health professional schools, more than 60 centers and institutes, and two nationally ranked independent hospitals - UCHealth University of Colorado Hospital
and Children's Hospital Colorado
- that treat more than two million adult and pediatric patients each year. Innovative, interconnected and highly collaborative, the University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus delivers life-changing treatments, patient care and professional training and conducts world-renowned research fueled by over $650 million in research grants. For more information, visit www.cuanschutz.edu
. Overall Description of Responsibility or Nature of Work:
This position reports directly to the Drs Kiseljak-Vassiliades and Wierman in the Division of Endocrinology, and is responsible for the development of hypotheses, experimental design, and data analysis to define the role of key pathways underlying adrenal cancer growth and response to therapy. The position will also be involved in direct training and supervision of undergraduate students in the lab. Areas of Responsibility / Scope of Research:
This is a position for a full-time postdoctoral fellow to investigate the mechanism underlying adrenocortical carcinogenesis with focus on developmental therapeutics. In vitro approaches include mammalian cell culture, molecular biology, microscopy, immunohistochemistry, functional genomics, proteomics, high throughput drug screening, and genome-wide sequencing. In vivo approaches include patient derived xenograft mouse models, xenograft models, humanized mouse models and subcutaneous mouse models. Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $54,840 to $57,852.
The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.
The above salary range represents the University's good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: http://www.cu.edu/node/153125 Diversity and Equity:
The University will provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities throughout the employment application process. To request an accommodation pursuant to the Americans with Disabilities Act, please contact the Human Resources ADA Coordinator at [email protected]
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities, persons within the LGBTQ+ community, and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees. Qualifications Minimum Qualifications: Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
- The candidate must have a Ph.D. in Cell Biology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, or a closely related field.
- Minimum of 5-year(s) experience in in animal research.
- The candidate should have background in cellular and molecular biology as well as translational biology.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Well-seasoned researcher that has had at least 5 years of experience in the field of bench molecular biology and animal science.
- Candidate should be able to accomplish all tasks without supervision and can also supervise others when necessary.
- Proven ability to work independently within a research lab.
- Demonstrated ability: excellence computer software, equipment operation, or research technical skills
- Ability to design and implement new protocols.
- Ability to carry out established protocols of the laboratory.
- Competency with experimental design, quantitative analysis, literature review, critical thinking, and the ability to present in small group settings are required.
- The candidate must be a highly motivated and resourceful researcher and be able to work independently and as a team to move the project forward.
- Excellent communication skills.​​​​​​​
Special Instructions to Applicants: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Review of applications will begin Sept 1 2022 and continue until position is filled. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References Application Materials Instructions: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers
and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact. Job Category
: Faculty Primary Location
: Aurora Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20184 - SOM-MED-Endocrinology Schedule
: Full-time Posting Date
: Sep 16, 2022 Unposting Date
: Ongoing Posting Contact Name: Caitlin Estlow Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00801970
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency