Public Safety Communication Officer II
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Communications & Marketing, Safety & Security
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Location: Atlanta, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 252278
Operate the public safety radio, telephone and computer equipment; maintain communication with others and police personnel. Monitor alarm systems, receive calls, for service and information from public, and dispatch personnel to the scene to provide service and assistance. Input data into computer to create and maintain records of activities and services. Receive and input all incoming emergency and non-emergency telephone and radio messages to appropriate public safety personnel. Under the direct supervision of the Communications Supervisor, the communications officer receives the request for police, fire and emergency medical assistance from the public.Responsibilities
- Operate police radio, telephone, and computer equipment.
- Maintain communication with Officers and public in emergency and non emergency situations.
- Monitor burglar and fire alarms, CCTV, and card access systems, receive calls for service.
- Dispatch appropriate personnel to the scene to provide service and assistance.
- Input data into computer systems to create and maintain records of activities and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned
High school diploma, GED Certificate or Vocational School Diploma
Other Required Qualifications
Georgia POST Communication Officer Certification or the ability to obtain certification within 12 months.
One to two years of job related experience
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Technical Diploma, Associate's Degree or two years college course work
excellent verbal communications skills; ability to remain calm under stressful situations; solid working knowledge in dispatching, data compilation, data entry, regulations and laws
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert