Lighting Technology Specialist
Staff Lighting Technology Specialist: The Theatre Program at Eastern Connecticut State University seeks applicants for a full-time, year-round staff Lighting Technology Specialist who will be responsible for maintaining all theatrical lighting systems in the Fine Arts Instructional Center performance venues, and coordinating/supervising all light hangs and focuses for departmental productions.
Additional responsibilities include: ensuring safety in the Fine Arts Instructional Center performance spaces; supervising all lighting work conducted in the performance spaces; supervising student workers; planning and implementing the circuiting of lights; overseeing the inventory, repair, and maintenance of all stage lighting fixtures, cables, effects, power distribution, dimmers, networking, and lighting control consoles; documenting and tracking all scenery circuiting addressing, and system configuration; purchasing supplies; and coordinating scheduling with Technical Director/Production Manager.
Applicants should demonstrate:
- Experience leading undergraduate student crews of varying skill levels;
- Proven ability as a theatrical lighting specialist with experience in rigging;
- The ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and guest artists;
- Experience in budgeting and scheduling for theatre production;
- Proficiency at VectorWorks;
- Aptitude with other software such as Lightwright, AutoCAD, and/or Microsoft Office programs;
- Proven organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Theatre with focus on Lighting/Technical Theatre and significant professional experience; possibility of designing lights for performances; additional possibility of teaching up to two courses per semester with M.F.A. in Theatre.
To apply, please submit a resume, cover letter, and document listing three references to [email protected].