Executive Assistant to the PresidentPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
The Executive Assistant to the President at Juniata College is responsible for providing office management and primary administrative level support for the President and Board of Trustees. This position serves as the first point of contact for the President and engages in communications with Juniata community members, as well as external partners. This position requires professionalism, courtesy, rapport building, and diplomacy. Due to the nature of the work performed, the incumbent must maintain strict confidentiality of all information, materials, data, projects and work in support of the College, its employees, and board. The desired candidate for this position must be well-organized, detail-oriented, proactive, and able to handle multiple priorities with varying deadlines, as well as calendar management and key activity planning for the President, inclusive of travel, expense reconciliation, and office organization.
Specific Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives
- Plan, implement, and manage office operations and administrative support services and procedures for the Office of the President and Board of Trustees.
- Research answers and/or drafts a response to routine inquiries and correspondence on own and/or on behalf of the President. Independently researches and gathers facts and information necessary for response. Maintains office records and files.
- Plan and maintain complex, busy and shifting schedule of appointments, meetings, and travel. Ensures President is prepared with essential information and background for each meeting and/or trip. Plans and makes external travel arrangements.
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, interviews, special events and other similar activities and prepare all necessary information for the President and Board of Trustees prior to meetings and events.
- Track, anticipate, and prepare for upcoming deadlines, events, and agenda items that require action by the President.
- Coordinate various committees, boards, and other meetings by preparing agendas and making meeting arrangements. Attend such meetings as requested to record minutes and/or notes.
- Acts as a liaison between the Office of the President and the Board of Trustees, Senior Leadership Team, faculty, staff, students, parents, and the community, including providing support as needed to departments reporting to the president.
- Manage the President’s Office and Board of Trustees budgets.
- Provide day-to-day office administration and support to include but not limited to answering phones, ordering supplies, sending and receiving mail, packages, etc.
- Work in close collaboration with Executive Assistants throughout the Senior Leadership Team.
- Knowledge and abilities normally acquired through a bachelor’s degree or equivalent career experience.
- More than five years of increasingly responsible office or administrative experience. Demonstrated proficiency with word processing, spreadsheets, presentation software, and website maintenance.
- Must demonstrate a high degree of professionalism, trustworthiness, initiative and independence in providing support on a wide variety of complex issues; be able to handle sensitive and confidential information; have impeccable verbal and written communication skills; be adept at consistently multi-tasking while accurately attending to detail.
Works with considerable independence and under general guidelines and directions. Must enjoy working collaboratively and cooperatively with diverse individuals and groups. Supervises student employees including hiring, training, and development.Preferred Qualifications:
See position qualifications.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical and religious reasons. *Bivalent boosters are strongly encouraged.Open Date:
11/04/2022Open Until Filled: