Assistant Cross-Country & Track and Field Coach /Recruiting Coordinator- InternPosting Number:
AdministrationKey Responsibilities :
Summary Information:Juniata College, an NCAA Division III Institution, invites applications for a 12-month, intern level, Assistant Cross-Country & Track and Field Coach/Recruiting Coordinator. Juniata is a co-educational, liberal arts college and highly regarded for its academic excellence. This position includes a monthly stipend, room, board and full benefits.Primary Role:Assist the Head Cross-Country/Track and Field Coach with all facets of the Cross Country and Track and Field Programs including but not limited to: recruiting, athlete and team development, practice planning, academic monitoring, team travel and meet management.Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
Juniata College is committed to cultivating an equity-minded and equity-engaged campus culture, one that is inclusive and supportive of its students, faculty, and staff. We believe that all members of the College community share the responsibility to engage, sustain, and leverage an interconnected learning environment in which difference is valued, equity is sought, and a sense of belonging is explicit. Juniata’s strategic mission promotes diversity in every expression, and amplifies the College’s commitment to equity, diversity, inclusion and access. We aim to evolve into a more global, equitable and ethical community, where all Juniatians live a life of inclusive belonging needed for becoming leaders who value and embrace human interconnectedness and dignity. Juniata invites and welcomes applicants from diverse backgrounds and perspectives.
- Serve as the recruiting coordinator- maintain Front Rush database, manage communications and prospect information, generate and update recruiting calendars and schedules, coordinate visits with enrollment, evaluate and communicate with PSAs, recruit and retain qualified student-athletes
- Serve as an assistant coach with the Cross-Country and Track and Field Programs by assisting with practice and meet preparation
- Conduct individual workouts with student-athletes if needed
- Ensure adherence to the rules, regulations and policies of all governing bodies including Juniata College, Athletic Department, Landmark Conference and the NCAA
- Participate in overall administration of the Athletic Department by representing the office as requested and cooperatively assisting colleagues. This includes attending all mandatory department activities and functions, membership on department and campus committees and participation upon request in enrollment, fundraising and/or promotional events.
- Serve a secondary responsibility, as assigned by the Director of Athletics.
- Knowledge and capabilities normally acquired through completion of a Bachelor’s Degree or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of NCAA rules, regulations and the Division III philosophy.
- 2-3 years collegiate coaching experience is preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to recruit qualified student-athletes.
This is a 12 month position that includes a monthly stipend, room, board and full benefits.Supervision Required/Given:
Receive direct supervision from the Head Cross Country/Track and Field Coach. Works collaboratively with other individuals and groups across campus and within the Athletic Department.Special Instructions to Applicants:
To promote and sustain the health and safety of our campus community, Juniata College has adopted a Covid-19 vaccine mandate for all Faculty, staff and students. Exemptions to this mandate will be considered for bona fide medical and religious reasons. *Bivalent boosters are strongly encouraged.Open Date:
10/12/2022Open Until Filled: