Dean, Frances Rich School of Fine and Performing Arts | Deree – The American College of Greece
- The American College of Greece
- Athens, Greece
- Faculty Jobs
- Arts & Humanities, Fine & Performing Arts
- Executive Administration Jobs
- Administrative Jobs
- Academic Affairs
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Position Available September 1, 2023
The American College of Greece is seeking qualified candidates at the FT rank of Associate Professor or Professor for the position of Dean of the Frances Rich School of Fine and Performing Arts. The Frances Rich School of Fine and Performing Arts is one of three undergraduate schools at Deree—The American College of Greece and offers programs in music (including performance), theatre arts, visual arts, graphic design and art history as well as hosting an active series of exhibitions and performances. The Dean will play a crucial leadership role in ACG’s academic and cultural engagement with students, scholars, and the local and international community of the arts.
- Terminal degree in the arts, humanities or other relevant to the structure of the School discipline.
- At least one degree from a UK/US-accredited institution.
- At least ten years of teaching experience, ideally at a US or a UK higher education institution.
- A minimum of three years of academic administrative experience at the postsecondary level.
- Substantial record of research or creative activities.
- Excellent communication skills in the English language.
- Eligibility for Hellenic Ministry registration number
- EU Passport or holder of a valid work permit in Greece
- Capacity to lead a diverse undergraduate school, overseeing all matters pertaining to curriculum, faculty and students.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to envision and implement strategic goals.
- Ability to oversee a large art collection and the operation of the College’s main gallery.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Competencies in cultivating relevant external relationships and contributing to the cultural life of the local and wider community.
Interested candidates, possessing the required experience and qualifications, please complete the online application at https://www.acg.edu/careers-acg/
Deadline to submit application: February 11, 2023
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert