Job Location: Earlham College - Richmond, IN
Position Type: Full Time
Job Category: Staff
Earlham College is a Top 100 National Liberal Arts College located in Richmond, IN, a small city that's just a short drive away from several major metropolitan areas including Dayton, Cincinnati, Indianapolis and Chicago.
Richmond and Earlham have a symbiotic relationship. Through research, studies, internships and volunteering, Earlhamites offer Richmond expertise and service as Richmond offers our students the chance to gain valuable, real-world experience. Our community assumes no religious affiliation but follows Quaker principles and practices, which include respect for persons, integrity, a commitment to peace and justice, simplicity, and consensus-based community decision-making. Earlham is committed to and proud of being a diverse and inclusive place most clearly visible in our student body: 20% of our student body are international, coming from 60+ nations in 2022, and 24% are domestic students of color. Faculty and staff also bring tremendous diversity to the College; many have lived and worked outside the United States, and they make a point of drawing on those experiences in their interactions with students. Additionally, Earlham makes it a priority to serve as a safe and welcoming place for LGBTQ+ communities and has a four-star rating on the Campus Pride Index. Our community is characterized by respect for every person and a commitment to social justice. Equity and inclusion are central to Earlham's institutional priorities and our leadership is committed to widening the path to an Earlham education.
Earlham College is seeking a Financial Aid Operations Specialist to join our team! This position is the primary support staff for the Student Financial Aid Office. This position will assist in providing effective and efficient delivery of financial aid funds to students. Provide high quality financial aid information to students, parents, and other audiences. This is an immediate opening but will remain open until the best candidate is identified.
- Answer general questions about the financial aid process and completing the FAFSA
- Manage electronic communications with the Department of Education
- Meet and greet office visitors
- First point of contact for incoming phone calls. Answer routine questions and route calls as necessary
- Maintain general office calendar, scheduling meetings and appointments
- Manage incoming and out-going mail
- Responsible for general office duties such as filing and ordering supplies
- Upload and code materials for Box
- Create queries as needed in Toad Data Point
- Merge Excel spreadsheets, using Pivot Table when useful
- Enter documents into Banner as appropriate
- Record and manage all FAFSA verification documents
- Create and maintain student files
- Work productively with other college offices
- Supervise file destruction
- Manage any mass email or paper mailings
- Complete other duties as assigned
- High school diploma or GED certificate minimum
- General office support experience, excellent oral, written and people skills
- Complete tasks in a timely manner
- Ability to work on multiple tasks
- Aptitude to learn new computer programs and applications
- Imaginative problem-solving skills.
- Team-player attitude.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Punctuality and reliability a must.
- Be a positive example and resource to all Earlham Students
Please submit the following application materials through the Earlham Careers Portal:
- Cover letter – Please address your thinking and experience with matters of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion as it relates and specifically pertains to this position
- Contact information for three references
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
The preferred starting date is as soon as possible.
Earlham College requires all employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 or apply for and receive a qualified exemption within two weeks of the employment start date.
Earlham College is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a diverse community, one that reflects the makeup of society at large and that particularly welcomes and supports individuals from groups that have been historically marginalized because of factors such as race, ethnicity, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, socioeconomic class, and physical ability. The College strongly encourages applications from women and people of color. As an institution with a Quaker identity, the College also solicits applications from members of the Religious Society of Friends (Quakers).
Earlham's Work Authorization Policy
Earlham utilizes E-Verify to confirm employment eligibility for all newly hired employees within the United States.