Search #: 497000JOB SUMMARY
Work type: Full-time
Location: Avery Point Campus
Categories: Student Programs and Services
The University of Connecticut, Avery Point Campus is seeking applications for the position of Student Services Program Manager 2. Working under the general direction and administrative guidance of the Associate Campus Director, the Student Services Program Manager will serve as the Athletic Director and will be responsible for providing program oversight and administrative coordination for the athletic and recreation programs at the Avery Point Campus.
This position requires significant administrative responsibilities including the management of personnel, operations, budget, development/fundraising, compliance, facilities, recreation programs, and athletic team management. The Athletic Director will work with the coaching staff to develop and maintain a comprehensive recruitment and retention program that maintains high academic standards and supports student success. The Avery Point Athletic Director is a member of the campus senior leadership team and will be expected to actively participate in long-term planning and execution of the campus mission. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directs the day-to-day operation and administration of the athletic and recreational programs for the Avery Point campus, including management of athletic facilities and team game day management.
- Assume responsibility for the initial and continual eligibility of all student-athletics. This includes the filing and maintenance of all required paperwork with their respective conference, region, and the NJCAA.
- Recruit, hire, supervise, train, and evaluate coaches, volunteers, and staff.
- Plan, develop and administer a budget for the athletic and recreation program including monitoring expenditures and projecting associated costs.
- Management of fundraising activities, accounts, and strategies
- Oversee and manage all aspects of the rental of the Athletic Center as a revenue source.
- Oversee and manage logistics for all athletic team travel, home and away games and tournaments, athletic and fitness facilities, and recreation programs.
- Serves as a resource to students, staff, and others on matters relating to program policies, procedures, and activities.
- Engages in fundraising activities, public relations, and promotional activities for the athletic program and the campus; plans and implements recruiting and promotional strategies.
- Leads community service initiatives for the athletic department as well as the general campus population.
- Collects and analyzes program data and participates in evaluating program effectiveness; identifies problems and makes changes, within prescribed guidelines, or recommends major changes and provides campus director with an annual report for all program activities.
- Assists in developing policies and procedures.
- Oversees recruitment and retention of qualified student-athletes.
- Is responsible for special projects/operations which may be ongoing or short-term and which require planning, coordination, supervision, and thorough knowledge of the program.
- Performs related duties as required.
- Master’s degree in education administration, sports management, or related field and at least five years of relevant experience including one year overseeing large projects or in a supervisor capacity over a small unit OR Bachelor’s degree in education administration, sports management, or related field and at least seven years of relevant experience including one year overseeing large projects or in a supervisor capacity over a small unit
- Good administrative and organizational skills, including the ability to identify and resolve administrative problems.
- Demonstrated experience with managing and developing budgets.
- Proven ability to successfully recruit and counsel student-athletes.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively with faculty, staff, and administrators as well as students, and the public.
- Excellent oral and written skills with an ability to effectively communicate with a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated understanding of Title IX regulations and compliance.
- Proven ability in fundraising to support athletic programs.
- Comprehension of NJCAA rules and regulations, including athletic eligibility.
- Knowledge of athletic website content management systems, including Sidearm and/or Presto.
This is a full-time, permanent position. The University offers a competitive salary, outstanding benefits including employee and dependent tuition waivers at UConn, and a highly desirable work environment. Salary will be commensurate with the successful candidate's background and experience. Other rights, terms, and conditions of employment are contained in the collective bargaining agreement between the University of Connecticut and the University of Connecticut Professional Employees Association (UCPEA).
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT
Employment of the successful candidate is contingent upon the successful completion of a pre-employment criminal background check.TO APPLY
Please apply online at https://hr.uconn.edu/jobs
, Staff Positions, Search #497000 to upload a resume, cover letter,
and contact information for three (3) professional references.
This job posting is scheduled to be removed at 11:55 p.m. Eastern time on December 16, 2022.
All employees are subject to adherence to the State Code of Ethics which may be found at http://www.ct.gov/ethics/site/default.asp.The University of Connecticut is committed to building and supporting a multicultural and diverse community of students, faculty and staff. The diversity of students, faculty and staff continues to increase, as does the number of honors students, valedictorians and salutatorians who consistently make UConn their top choice. More than 100 research centers and institutes serve the University’s teaching, research, diversity, and outreach missions, leading to UConn’s ranking as one of the nation’s top research universities. UConn’s faculty and staff are the critical link to fostering and expanding our vibrant, multicultural and diverse University community. As an Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity employer, UConn encourages applications from women, veterans, people with disabilities and members of traditionally underrepresented populations.
Advertised: Nov 17 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Dec 16 2022 Eastern Standard Time