Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
As one of the oldest medical schools in the country, the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine (COM) has a reputation for training best-in-class health care professionals and developing cutting-edge procedures and research that improves the health and clinical care of patients. The Department of Family Medicine is a top-tier department with world-renowned faculty and staff. The residency program has a mission to train to the next generation in care of vulnerable populations both locally and abroad. The Department of Family and Community Medicine is recruiting an Assistant Professor of Clinical to provide clinical and precepting services in The Family Medicine Center at Christ Hospital. The physician will serve as Core Residency Faculty for the TCH/UC family medicine residency. Additionally, they will have teaching responsibilities in leading a small cohort of residents in outpatient medicine training topics as well as creating and implementing an anti-racism curriculum for residents and faculty. Core residency faculty report to the Program Director of The Christ Hospital-University of Cincinnati Family Medicine Residency. Direct supervision will be provided by the FMC Medical Director.Essential Functions
- Supervise and teach learners (residents and medical students) in the residency outpatient clinic. Give resident lectures.Provide learner feedback, including completing online evaluation forms.Contribute to a positive learning environment for learners.Lead curriculum development of anti-racism curriculum.Lead weekly small group sessions on outpatient topics of population health, quality improvement and team-based care.Participate in faculty development seminars and workshops. This will include anti-racism trainings and professional development.Provide direct patient care services at assigned clinical sites, including: Outpatient Family Medicine Clinic (FMC).Share on-call responsibilities including outpatient phone call coverage in evenings and occasional weekends or holidays.Participate in quality improvement initiatives within the clinical sites.Serve on health system committees as needed.Attend weekly practice meeting for the FMC.Contribute to scholarship, including any of the following: curriculum development; research; regional and national presentations; publications; peer review.
Ability to obtain an unrestricted Ohio Medical License and DEA license. Board Certification with the American Board of Family Medicine.The skills to provide the required clinical care, including outpatient medicine for all ages Qualified applicants must demonstrate experience in family medicine teaching and curriculum design.Ability to bridge between supervision of clinical activities and teaching in the clinical learning environment, through: developing teacher-learner relationships with residents from R1 through R5 year of training; crafting a supportive learning environment through expressed enthusiasm, approachability, and respect for residents and all members of the healthcare team; providing point-of-care teaching tailored to the resident and patient scenario; directing residents to appropriate resources; assessing residents and providing timely feedback; role modeling excellence in patient-centered care, communication, reflective practice, and professionalism.Demonstrates commitment to professional development through seeking additional training and/or participating in scholarly work. Demonstrates a commitment to vulnerable populations in current or prior clinical care activities.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
As a UC employee, and an employee of an Ohio public institution, if hired you will not contribute to the federal Social Security system, other than contributions to Medicare. Instead, UC employees have the option to contribute to a state retirement plan (OPERS, STRS) or an alternative retirement plan (ARP).
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.
SF:OMJ SF:RM SF:HEJ, SF:INS SF:HERC SF:DIV SF:LJN