Current UC employees must apply internally via SuccessFactors > http://bit.ly/UCEMPL
Founded in 1819, the University of Cincinnati ranks among the nation’s best urban public research universities. Home to more than 47,000 students, 10,500 faculty and staff and 330,000 alumni, UC combines a Top 35 research university with a physical setting The New York Times calls “the most ambitious campus design program in the country.” With the launch of Next Lives Here, the Cincinnati Innovation District, a $100 million JobsOhio investment, eight straight years of record enrollment, worldwide leadership in cooperative education, a dynamic academic health center and entry into the Big 12 athletic conference, UC’s momentum has never been stronger. UC’s annual budget tops $1.6 billion and its endowment totals $1.9 billion.
About The University
The University of Cincinnati is a major research university in an urban and diverse community. The university’s research portfolio includes a broad range of activities spanning physical, social and life sciences, engineering, medicine and informatics. The university founded Cooperative Education (co-op) and its students continue to gain valuable industrial experience through that program to this day. Thanks to their required co-op rotations, students graduate with experience working at not only some of the region’s top employers (Seimens, Northrup Grumman, General Electric) and companies in the Tri-State’s vibrant start-up scene but also firms throughout the nation and abroad. In the position of Professor of Practice or Professor Educator, you will have the opportunity to form collaborative research relationships within the college and across the university, thanks to its long history of cutting-edge academic study; and, you will have the opportunity to ally with industrial partners to improve the educational outcomes of our students. The university boasts a student body of over 46,000 enrolled in over 370 programs of study and is the region’s largest employer with over 15,000 faculty, staff and student workers. The University of Cincinnati is ranked as one of America’s top 26 public research universities by the National Science Foundation. U.S. News and World Report has ranked UC in the Top Tier of America’s Best Colleges. Cincinnati is within a day’s drive of half the country, giving you easy access to outdoor adventures from hiking in the mountains to strolling along the shore. Bankrate.com rated Cincinnati the 5th best place to live in the United States. Cincinnati housing costs 24% less than the national average and is home to 138 highly ranked public and private schools. New American Economy calls Cincinnati one of the most immigrant-friendly communities in the country. With a booming dining and craft-brewing scene, venues where top artists play regularly and three professional sports teams, Cincinnati is a great place to raise a family. Job Overview
The talented students of the University of Cincinnati are enrolling in The Department of Computer Science (CS) of the College of Engineering and Applied Science (CEAS) at unprecedented rates. Graduate and undergraduate students alike recognize the possibility that an education in the field will catapult them to post-graduation positions where they can change the world for the better. The department invites applicants for non-tenure track positions as a Professor Educator or Professor of Practice of Computer Science who want to guide these students in their academic growth. The anticipated start date is August 15, 2023. The positions are 9-month full-time appointments, paid over 12 months with full University faculty benefits. The appointment will be made within the Professor Educator or Professor of Practice track with salary and rank commensurate with credentials. The Department of CS offers ABET-accredited undergraduate programs in Computer Science. The department also has graduate programs that confer Master of Science, Master of Engineering, and Doctor of Philosophy degrees. For more information regarding the CS Department, please see https://ceas.uc.edu/academics/departments/computer-science.htmlEssential Functions
- Teaching six (6) undergraduate courses over two semesters related to the candidate’s area of expertise within the areas of Computer Science. This includes but is not limited to machine learning, artificial intelligence, cloud computing, software engineering, computer networks, databases, data structures, introduction to computer systems, object-oriented programming, and/or introduction to programming.
- Participate in departmental service such as serving on departmental committees, advising student groups, and participating in recruitment activities.
- The Professor Educator duties are identical to those of the Professor of Practice, with the addition of duties teaching classes related to the candidate’s area of expertise within the areas of Computer Science (as noted above) at the graduate level.
Professor of Practice minimum qualifications:
- Prior to effective date of the appointment, required to have Master’s in Computer Science or related field.
Professor Educator minimum qualifications:
- Prior to effective date of the appointment, required to have a PhD in Computer Science or related field.
Applicants must create an Applicant Profile, officially apply and upload the following:
Current CV/Resume.Cover letter.
Under the 'Additional Documents' section, upload the following documents:
Cover letter.Complete curriculum vita.Statement of teaching interests.Graduate and undergraduate university transcripts.Contact information for three (3) references.
Only complete applications will be considered. Further documentation, including letters of recommendation, may be separately requested by the search committee. Review of applications will begin on January 2, 2023 and will continue until the positions are filled.Compensation and Benefits
UC offers a wide array of complementary and affordable benefit options, to meet the financial, educational, health, and wellness needs of you and your family. Eligibility varies by position and FTE.
- Competitive salary range dependent on the candidate's experience.
- Comprehensive insurance plans including medical, dental, vision, and prescription coverage.
- Flexible spending accounts and an award-winning employee wellness program, plus an employee assistance program.
- Financial security via our life and long-term disability insurance, accident and illness insurance, and retirement savings plans.
- Generous paid time off work options including vacation, sick leave, annual holidays, and winter season days in addition to paid parental leave.
- Tuition remission is available for employees and their eligible dependents.
- Enjoy discounts for on and off-campus activities and services.
FOR ALL FACULTY HIRES OFFICIAL ACADEMIC TRANSCRIPTS WILL BE REQUIRED AT THE TIME OF HIRE
The University of Cincinnati, as a multi-national and culturally diverse university, is committed to providing an inclusive, equitable and diverse place of learning and employment. As part of a complete job application you will be asked to include a Contribution to Diversity and Inclusion statement.
The University of Cincinnati is an Affirmative Action / Equal Opportunity Employer / Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran.