Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy
- Hofstra University
- Hempstead, NY
- Faculty Jobs
- Health & Medical, Allied Health, Exercise Science & Kinesiology
- Position Type
- Assistant Professor
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Occupational TherapyPosition Number:
School of Health Professions and Human ServicesDepartment:
Allied Health and KinesiologyFull-Time or Part-Time:
Hofstra University’s Department of Allied Health and Kinesiology in the School of Health Professions and Human Services invites applications for a full-time Clinical Assistant/Associate Professor of Occupational Therapy. The faculty appointment begins on September 1, 2023.
This is a full-time 12 months, non-tenure track Clinical Assistant or Associate professor position. Salary and rank will be commensurate with experience and academic credentials. This clinical faculty member will report directly to the Occupational Therapy Program Director.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Developing, teaching and maintaining the curriculum in areas of expertise as determined by the Program Director.
- Serving as academic advisor for students, supervising filed work experiences, and developing non-traditional emerging practice opportunities.
- Engaging in scholarly activities through research, presentations and/or publications, grants, and mentorship of student research.
- Maintaining currency in the academic discipline through continuing study, research, and/or participation in professional activities.
- Contributing to the program, department, university, and the profession through service.
- Maintaining required documentation and submitting reports required for the accreditation.
- Attending committee, department, school, and university meetings as approved by the program director.
- Maintaining regular approved office hours.
- Candidates must be certified by the NBCOT, eligible for licensure in the State of New York, and must have a minimum of 3 years of experience in occupational therapy practice.
- Candidates must have an earned advanced degree (e.g., OTD, EdD, PhD, ScD).
- A commitment to academic excellence and the ability to work effectively with faculty, students, colleagues, and community partners is expected, as well as fostering an educational environment that is conducive to learning, respect, integrity, teamwork and professionalism.
- Knowledge of ACOTE standards, legislative, regulatory, legal, and practice issues, and current trends in occupational therapy is expected.
- Faculty reports directly to the Occupational Therapy Program Director.
- Successful candidates will have demonstrated a commitment to promoting equity, diversity and inclusion in an educational environment.
- Demonstrated clinical and teaching experience with expertise in home and community practice, physical disabilities and geriatrics preferred.
Applications should be submitted electronically to https://hofstra.peopleadmin.com/postings/940 and include the following: a letter of application, CV, and the names and contact information for three professional references. Successful candidates will be required to provide official academic transcripts and professional letters of recommendation.
All other questions can be directed to Dr. Vidya Pingale, Program Director, at [email protected]. Review of applicants will begin immediately and continue until the positions are filled.
Salary and benefits are highly competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Open until filledTenure Track:
Hofstra University is an equal opportunity employer, committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, administrative staff and student body, and encourages applications from the entire spectrum of a diverse community.
Working at Hofstra University
Hofstra University is a dynamic private university where students will benefit from large-university resources and thrive within a small college atmosphere. At Hofstra, students can choose from 155 undergraduate and 170 graduate program options within the Frank G. Zarb School of Business; Hofstra College of Liberal Arts and Sciences: the Peter S. Kalikow School of Government, Public Policy and International Affairs; School of Humanities, Fine and Performing Arts; School of Natural Sciences and Mathematics; the Hofstra Northwell School of Medicine at Hofstra University and Hofstra Northwell School of Graduate Nursing and Physician Assistant Studies at Hofstra University; Hofstra University Continuing Education; Honors College; Lawrence Herbert School of Communication; Maurice A. Deane School of Law; School of Education; School of Engineering and Applied Science; and School of Health Professions and Human Services. Students also benefit from small classes (student-to-faculty ratio of 13-to-1 and an average undergraduate class size of just 21 students), flexible schedules, and close proximity to the cultural and networking aspects of New York City.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert