- Full Time, Continuing Position
- Salary Teacher 2.2 - 5 + Superannuation
- Based at either the Melbourne, Brunswick or Bundoora campus, but may be required to work and/or be based at other campuses of the University.
About the Position
As a VE Teacher - Building and Construction, you will be mainly responsible for the delivery & development of course material & assessment, assessing students and the supervision of students enrolled in selected courses in the School.
Participation in the School's continuing reviews of course content and development, delivery, teaching methods (including on-line delivery methods) and methods of students' assessment will also form part of this role.
You will interact with external organisations, industry groups and RMIT teaching and administration staff. Your performance will be underpinned by participation in relevant activities which ensure your vocational competence meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
To be successful in this position, you'll have:
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal and communication skills relevant to teaching and consultancy environments. This includes effective presentation and facilitation skills, and in the use of flexible teaching methods.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in competency-based assessment.
- Demonstrated ability in ensuring current and contemporary vocational competence which meets and/or exceeds the education level being delivered and assessed.
- Demonstrated experience in relevant industry, and substantial discipline knowledge as it relates to this position.
- Demonstrated capacity to diagnose learning problems in students, propose and implement effective solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to contribute effectively as a constructive and proactive member of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in the use of relevant information and communication technologies.
- TAE40110 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment
- And or TAE50116 Diploma in Vocational Education & Training
- A Diploma in Building and Construction (Building), a Bachelor of Construction Management/Project Management & Bachelors of Environment & Sustainability or Environmental Management are all qualifications that will assist in your application.
Please Note: Appointment to this position is subject to passing a Working with Children and National Police Check.
About the College of Vocational Education
The purpose of RMIT's College of Vocational Education is to empower learners and our industry, community, and government partners to succeed in the new world of work. Our five-year strategic roadmap, [email protected], purposefully guides everything we do in vocational education to deliver our vision: to position RMIT as a leading multi-sector provider with global impact and influence.
Led by our Pro Vice Chancellor, the College of VE is reimagining how we deliver vocational education to create unique experiences for our students and partners, so we can:
- lead in practice-based learning
- empower learners for the future of work
- engage industry and community at scale
- grow for impact and influence
The College of VE is delivering impact through transformation that creates long-term change.
Programs & Delivery
With robust ties to industry through effective engagement and deep collaboration, the College of VE provides rich discipline knowledge and a learning and teaching delivery model that aligns to future student and industry needs. Our discipline clusters strengthen the multi-sector advantage, while fostering deeper collaboration between disciplines.
Please submit your CV and cover letter for this position by clicking on the 'Apply' link below.
Please note, we will be running a rolling recruitment process, so please do not wait until the closing date to apply.
RMIT is a Disability Confident Recruitment Team and we are happy to adjust the recruitment process for your accessibility requirements. Please contact us at [email protected] telling us your preferred type of communication and we will be in touch as soon as possible to discuss your requirements.
We are a Circle Back Initiative Employer - we commit to respond to every applicant.