The position of Project Manager of the Child Care Career and Professional Development Fund (CCCPDF) is a part-time, temporary, grant-funded position. The Project Manager will be responsible for recruitment and coordinating financial and other assistance for students enrolled in the AAS or AAT degree in Early Childhood Education or Elementary Education, and the AS degree in Education at Hagerstown Community College. The Project Manager is also responsible for all required reporting, including invoices and budget reports and project evaluation.
Please note, this position is temporary, grant-funded and part-time available for 20 hours per week.
A. The Project Manager reports directly to and is responsible to the Manager of Disability Support Services and Cohort Programs.
B. The position does not supervise any employees.
C. The Project Manager coordinates most closely with the HCC Grants Office, Finance Office, Office of Financial Aid, Retention Specialists, CPA Program, Education Faculty and community partners (including Head Start of Washington County, local child care centers, WCPS Technical High School and Family Child Care Associations and APPLES for Children, Inc.). The Project Manager also reports to Maryland State Department of Education, Office of Child Care.
A. Recruitment of students
1. Prepare recruitment materials.
2. Provide recruitment materials to partners for distribution to potential students.
3. Provide information to all instructors concerning opportunities available to students after completion of pre-service training.
4. Assist students with Credentialing and CCCPDF applications.
5. Assist students with developing a Professional Development Plan.
B. Case Management
1. Assist students with the implementing and updating their Professional Development Plans each semester to work towards program completion.
2. Monitor academic progress for each individual student.
3. Assist students with the renewal process for CCCPDF yearly.
4. Assist students with Career Planning.
5. Assist selected students with registration and financial aid procedures at HCC and share list of approved students with relevant departments.
C. Conduct project management activities.
1. Work with the HCC Finance Office to set up restricted grant account and invoicing procedures.
2. Work with the HCC Finance Office and the Office of Student Financial Aid to develop a system to document and monitor student expenditures.
3. Work with the HCC Finance Office and Office of Student Financial Aid to develop, implement and monitor a system for recovery of funds in cases where students do not complete supported coursework.
4. Prepare, distribute, tabulate, and analyze results of an instrument to survey satisfaction with project management activities.
5. Complete and submit all required reports to the Maryland State Department of Education.
6. Ensure curriculum alignment with Office of Child Care Core of Knowledge and State Guidelines for Healthy Child Development.
7. Work with the HCC Grants Office to submit Grant Proposal and Renewal materials as directed by MSDE guidelines.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a minimum of a baccalaureate degree in a discipline related to human services, for example communications, or advising/counseling. Experience in teaching and/or administration of programs related to Early Childhood Education is desirable.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The Project Manager should be skilled in oral and written communication, and have the ability to work with a variety of partners to achieve the project outcomes. The Project Manager should be able to work with minimal supervision and simultaneously on a variety of tasks. The Project Manager should be skilled in project administration and reporting. The Project Manager should be knowledgeable of the content and issues in Early Childhood Education.
The Project Manager will work in a normal office environment. A moderate amount of travel to the partner organizations is involved.