Accounting Specialist - UBA/Public Safety Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
University Business Administrators - Public Safety site
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.
This position is responsible for providing professional support to the Florida State University Police Department (FSUPD), Transportation and Parking Services (TAPS), Emergency Management Services (EMS), Campus Access and Security (CASS), and Real Time Crime Center (RTCC).
- Responsible for overseeing day to day processes of procurement, account receivable billings/internal auxiliary, disbursements, and travel. Ensures a sound environment of internal controls and compliance by monitoring and reviewing transactional processes.
- Interprets and communicates policies to leadership, officers, and staff and provides recommendations in order to support the mission and initiative of the client site while maintaining compliance with university policies and procedures.
- Serves as the Financial Representative for FSUPD, TAPS, EMS, CASS, and RTCC responsible for accurate tracking, maintenance, and reconciliation of departmental accounts and ledgers. Reviews transactions for adherence to university policy and procedures.
- Advises on financial activities by analyzing trends, providing information, and preparing reports, such as internal budgeting spreadsheets, to assist the Assistant Director with budget preparation and development.
- Provides procurement and P-card support including the processing of requisitions, purchase orders, P-card purchases, ePRFs, and contract renewals. Proxies p-card transactions and performs the monthly p-card reconciliations for assigned cards.
- Serves as the property custodian and liaison to Sponsored Research for Contract & Grants.
Bachelor's degree and two years of work experience or a high school diploma or equivalent and experience equal to six years. (Note: post high-school education and/or experience may substitute at a comparable rate.)
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience prioritizing, organizing, and performing multiple work assignments simultaneously.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Knowledge of applicable computer functions and programs inclusive of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience compiling, reviewing, and reconciling data for accuracy, completeness, and compliance.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of fiscal control systems.
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
Anticipated salary in the high $40,000s commensurate with education and experience.
This is an A&P (Administrative and Professional) position.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
If not otherwise specified, schedule is M-F, 8-5.
Criminal Background Check
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.
This position is being re-advertised. Previous applicants need not reapply.