Dean, Institutional Effectiveness & Research
West Valley-Mission Community College District
Closing Date: 12/4/2022
Mission College is seeking a talented, equity-minded professional who thrives in a fast-paced and exciting environment to fill the position of Dean of Institutional Effectiveness and Research.Mission College is a community college located in the heart of Silicon Valley, serving the cities of Campbell, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Sunnyvale and San Jose. One of two colleges in the West Valley-Mission Community College District, Mission College, home of the Saints, is known for a fierce passion for social justice, equity, and community engagement. Our campus community is known for its innovative approaches to teaching and learning, the strength of our academic programs and faculty, and our caring staff and supportive atmosphere. We pursue academic excellence in all levels and are devoted to empowering students to find their voices, their passions, and achieving the freedom to live the lives they want to live. Mission College continues to cultivate a culture of care, being intentional about diversity and student success. As both an HSI and AANAPISI, the college serves predominantly students of color. Since its founding in 1975, Mission College has been devoted to social justice, closing equity gaps, and being a leader within the community to create intentional social change. We take pride in our high academic standards, our excellent programs and services, and our approach to meeting each unique student's personal needs to find success at Mission. With our amazing new facilities and continued pursuit of innovation, we hope you will consider joining our Saints Family.The Dean provides collaborative leadership and expertise over a full range of activities related to the Office of Institutional Effectiveness and Research including planning, organizing, directing, and coordinating the activities of the research, planning, and institutional effectiveness department. Under the direction of the College President, the dean directs and oversees the College's overall institutional planning and research activities to increase the effectiveness of enrollment, retention, persistence, and completion for student success, with a specific emphasis on closing equity gaps. This position will lead the planning, implementation and assessment of the college's master plans, accreditation self-evaluation and reports, program review process, learning outcomes, and other student success strategies. The Dean is responsible for developing and coordinating a systematic and integrated institutional planning process while providing highly complex staff assistance to the College President. In addition, this position will lead the college's research agenda through an equity lens, connected with the college's strategic goals and desired equity outcomes, and oversee college-level IRB requests and approval. This position will be responsible for extensive, college-wide planning across constituencies and departments. Leading committee work, navigating participatory governance structures, and strong written, oral, and public speaking skills are required.Equity-minded applicants with experience working in a dynamic environment and who understands the value of serving a diverse student population are encouraged to apply.
This is an academic administrator position with an anticipated start date of January 2023. This is an exempt, management position and is not subject to overtime.
Salary and Benefits:
- Anticipated Hiring Range: $167,975 – $178,897 annually (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 25, Steps A-C).
- Annual salary step increases to maximum of salary range, $209,411 (Administrative Salary Schedule, Range 25, Step H)
- Additional compensation: $1,500 for doctorate added to base salary annually, to be prorated on a monthly basis.
- Employer-contributed medical, dental and vision for employee, spouse and/or dependents.
- Employer-paid long term disability for employee.
- Employer-provided life insurance.
- 13 paid holidays, plus 1 floating holiday annually; paid non-workdays between Christmas and New Year.
- 22 days vacation leave accrued annually (25 days after 5 years).
- 12 days sick leave accrued annually.
- Personal necessity leave and personal business leave.
- Professional development and renewal leave.
- $500 longevity award annually after 10 years of service and $1,000 longevity award annually after 15 years of service.
- CalSTRS retirement.
Any combination of experience and education that would provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the required knowledge and abilities would be:Experience:
- Five years of increasingly responsible experience in the collection, analysis and presentation of research data, including two years of administrative and management responsibility.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Equivalent to a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in business or public administration, educational or policy research, mathematics, statistics, or a related field.
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
For more information on this position and to apply, please visit our website at the following link: wvm.peopleadmin.com
- Provide leadership in the management of college-wide planning efforts while establishing a college culture of institutional effectiveness and continuous quality improvement.
- Ensure alignment of all master planning and developed goals with the institution’s mission, vision, and values.
- Develop and implement department goals, objectives, policies, and procedures.
- Plan, organize, and direct department activities including research projects, surveys, focus groups, and studies in support of institutional assessment, planning, decision-making, and quality improvement.
- Direct, oversee, and participate in the development of the department work plan; assign work activities, projects, and programs; monitor workflow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
- Monitor development, implementation, and evaluation of all institutional plans; provide progress reports as required.
- Prepare the department budget and administer the approved budget.
- Establish and maintain a campus-wide master planning, evaluation, and reporting calendar.
- In cooperation with district managers, faculty, and classified staff, participate in the annual planning and budgeting processes to ensure alignment with overall college goals and mission.
- Support the institution with IPEDS data collection and submission, MIS data support, and local, state and federal grant reporting.
- Serve in a leadership capacity, working with the faculty accreditation co-chair and accreditation liaison officer (may serve in this role) to facilitate the institution’s Institutional Self-Evaluation Report (ISER) and other accreditation reports.
- Develop and implement tools to measure and communicate progress in relation to accreditation standards and best practices; provide training and assistance to faculty and staff in assessment and evaluation plans.
- Provide collaborative leadership in institutional accountability measures and key performance indicators for student access and success; lead the college’s discussions on institution set standards and annual progress; facilitate reporting to the state for student success data.
- Serve on and/or lead college and district planning committees to assist with integrated planning, strategic planning, evaluation, and assessment.
- Initiate, support and participate in efforts to secure local, state or federal grant funding for college programs and services; ensure that grants are implemented according to approved plans and that reporting requirements are met in a timely manner. Oversee grant applications and support with securing additional resources for the institution.
- Recommend the appointment of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
- Support and assist in the development, implementation, assessment, and evaluation of student, program, and institutional learning outcomes.
- Oversee the development and maintenance of reporting structures in the data warehouse; integrate research processes and models, including data warehouse and associated report/data access technologies, with academic planning.
- Support and assist in the development of data dashboards.
- Provides guidance to the campus community to develop and construct reliable and valid educational research methods; provide validation of assessment instruments; ensure compliance with the education code.
- Represent the department and division to outside agencies and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
- Presides over data analysis and trend monitoring; assists college personnel in the developing of reliable and valid research tools; establishes the appropriate quantitative and qualitative research design and statistical tools to be sued in program review and college-level planning.
- Research and prepare technical and administrative reports; prepare written correspondence.
- Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other district employees, and the public using principles of good customer service; build respectful working relationships to support a healthy participatory governance structure on campus.
- Foster an environment that embraces inclusion, diversity, equity, anti-racism, integrity, trust, and respect.
- Be an integral team player, which involves flexibility, cooperation, and communication.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Applicants who, due to a disability, require accommodations to complete the application, testing or interview process, please contact Human Resources at (408) 741–2174 to arrange for assistance.
West Valley-Mission Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency