This AFSCME position serves as a point of contact for Information Technology related needs for faculty, staff and students. The scope and complexity of IT support and administrative services requires the application of broad IT knowledge to support network, server, system administration, classroom technology, desktop support, web development, student information system, constituent relationship management (CRM) and student learning management system (D2L) requests and incidents.
This position is first point of contact for IT Service Requests. The IT Service Desk Analyst is responsible for collecting pertinent information regarding support requests, analyzing the information, determining root cause, resolving the issue, and if needed dispatching requests to tier 2/tier 3 support resources.
This position will also assist in the process and support of varied IT projects such as procurement, staff training, videoconferencing, end-user training, maintaining and updating the IT Solutions Center, BYOD (smart phones, tablets, laptops) setup, and learning emerging technologies.
- Associates Degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent work experience.
- Strong working knowledge of applications, operating systems, computer hardware.
- Special blend of professional and courteous service sophistication, wide range of technical knowledge, excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, accurate attention to details.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills necessary to share technical knowledge and create self-help documentation for a wide range of constituents who have a wide range of technical expertise to assist clients in learning how best to use technology.
- Ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with technology associates and business offices to promote productivity and efficiency.
- Skill in asking probing questions, to determine nature of problem and the ability to calm down irate customers
- Experience in higher education
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or related field
, Applications & Resumes will be accepted until position is filled, however; to ensure full consideration, application materials should be received no later than close of day on January 22, 2023.
The starting salary is $47,472 per the AFSCME CBA.
All applications for this position must be submitted via our online application/resume system ONLY. Please do not fax, mail, or e-mail any documentation.
Successful interview, reference checks, background clearances (PA Criminal, Child Abuse Clearance & FBI Clearance), and demonstration of ability are requisite qualifications for all positions.
The University is very interested in hiring employees who have had extensive experience with diverse populations. Kutztown University is an AA/EOE/member of the PA State System of Higher Education and actively solicits applications from women and minority candidates.
Kutztown University does not discriminate in employment or educational opportunities on the basis of sex, race, ethnicity, national origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, or veteran status. To discuss a complaint of discrimination, please contact the University's Title IX Coordinator located in the Office of Social Equity, Old Main A-Wing, Room 02, by phone at 610-683-4700 or by e-mail at [email protected] or the Office for Civil Rights located in the Lyndon Baines Johnson Department of Education Bldg., 400 Maryland Avenue, SW, Washington, DC 20202-1100, by phone at 800-421-3481 (TDD: 800-877-8339), by fax at 202-453-6012, or by e-mail at [email protected]