Director of Educational Leadership Program/Full-Time Teaching Faculty: School of Education
- Quinnipiac University
- North Haven - North Haven, CT
- Faculty Jobs
- Education, Educational Administration & Leadership, Special Education, Professional Fields, Business & Management
- Administrative Jobs
- Institutional & Business Affairs, Program Administration
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Job no: 494797
Work type: Full-time
Campus: North Haven - North Haven, CT
Quinnipiac University's School of Education invites applications for a Director of Educational Leadership Program/Full-Time Teaching Faculty position. The Director of the Educational Leadership program is a 12-month full-time teaching faculty appointment with an administrative role as director of the program. As faculty, the candidate would teach a ½ time load in the Sixth-Year Diploma in Educational Leadership program in courses related to administration and leadership in K-12 public schools. The primary duties of the administrative role as director would be to oversee the continued development and administration of the Sixth- Year Diploma in Educational Leadership program.
About the School:
The School of Education offers innovative programs leading to master’s degrees in elementary and secondary teacher education, instructional design & technology, and special education. Additionally, the school offers a sixth-year diploma in educational leadership. The School of Education is nationally accredited and committed to providing all graduates with the highest-quality preparation in an environment that is student-centered and supportive. The school’s mission is to lead graduates to acquire the knowledge, skills and the dispositions to serve successfully as leaders in their chosen career paths. Inherent in our mission is a commitment to develop educators who recognize the potential of teaching and learning to transform individuals and to promote change.
Quinnipiac is a private, coeducational, nonsectarian institution located 90 minutes north of New York City and two hours from Boston. The university enrolls more than 9,500 students in 110 degree programs through its Schools of Business, Communications, Education, Computing and Engineering, Health Sciences, Law, Medicine, Nursing, and the College of Arts and Sciences. Quinnipiac is recognized by U.S. News & World Report as both a best-value school and a top national university, and has also earned recognition in Princeton Review’s “The Best 387 Colleges.” Quinnipiac has been named a "Great College to Work For" as determined by a comprehensive industry survey. For more information, please visit qu.edu. Connect with Quinnipiac on Facebook and follow Quinnipiac on Twitter and Instagram @QuinnipiacU.
- Oversight of admission process of new candidates, including transcript analysis, interviewing, advising
- Budgeting for programming – maintaining enrollment data, profit and loss analysis
- Hiring and assessment of high quality adjunct faculty
- Support and yearly assessment of full-time faculty
- Consistent revision and improvement of program offerings
- Advising of EDL candidates
- Maintaining assessment data and updating NELP standards for accreditation
- Reporting for accreditation
- Maintaining State Department of Education certification & licensure requirements
- Marketing and promotion of the EDL programs
- Maintaining outreach and relationships with district partners
- Promoting new markets across states
- ½ time teaching load in Educational Leadership program in courses related to
program evaluation, internship supervision, leading and managing instructional programs, and other courses as needed
- Advising program candidates
- Serving on university and/or school-based committees; outside community service
Minimum of a Sixth-Year Diploma degree in Educational Administration & Leadership required
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Applications must be submitted electronically and include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for three references on the application form.
Quinnipiac University has a strong commitment to the principles and practices of diversity and inclusion throughout the University community and welcomes candidates who enhance that diversity.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for full-time faculty and staff which includes tuition remission and a culture that is inclusive and driven by excellence.
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement: Please note that the university has a COVID-19 vaccination requirement. For more information, please visit https://www.qu.edu/health-wellness-and-safety/covid-19-resources/
Quinnipiac University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Note to Faculty/Staff Applicants Only:If a final candidate is a current or previous Quinnipiac employee, the hiring manager must obtain a reference check from the candidate’s current or former manager before making an offer of employment. If the candidate's current or most-recent Quinnipiac supervisor is unavailable, the hiring manager should contact Talent Acquisition for assistance in determining the appropriate alternate contact:
Advertised: November 14, 2022 Eastern Standard Time
Applications close: Open until filled
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert