Assistant Professor in Technology
- Bowie State University
- Bowie, MD
- Position Type
- Tenured & Tenure-Track
- Employment Type
- Full Time
- Institution Type
- Four-Year Institution
Assistant Professor in TechnologyRank :
Assistant Professor 9115Regular (PIN) or Long Term Contractual Faculty:
11/11/2022Open Until Filled:
YesDuties and Responsibilities :
The Department of Technology & Security is seeking excellent candidate for a tenure track position for the Assistant Professor Rank. The successful candidate will provide instruction to undergraduate and graduate level students in internet of Things and Internet Technology courses. Candidate must be ready to be an active participant in departmental. Our student-focused department requires a candidate with strong commitment to excellence in teaching and coordination, as well as a great appreciation for experiential learning to support our current models for high-impact practice in undergraduate STEM education. The candidate should:
- Provide instruction in Cloud Computing, Artificial Intelligent, Blockchain, Data Analytics and Machine Learning for both undergraduate and graduate courses and related advanced level electives with a strong commitment to curriculum transformation and excellence in teaching.
- Work with faculty to establish a productive, student-centered, undergraduate and graduate research program in the area of Internet of Things and Internet Technology. Incorporate experiential learning activities into research program.
- Active participant in scholarly activities, serve as a mentor to students and provide departmental, university and community service.
Offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of due diligence background check and verification of credentials. Proof of US citizenship or eligibility for U.S. employment will be required prior to employment (Immigration Control Act of 1986).
Please be advised, COVID-19 vaccinations are not required but encouraged for all eligible students, faculty and staff returning to USM institutions. This protocol is subject to change.
For best consideration please apply by December 18, 2022.
Postdoctoral experience in Bioinformatics, and or Computational Genomics. Experience teaching Introductory as well as advanced Bioinformatics Programming (Python and R) courses in the field, is preferred.
Terminal degree in Computer Science, Business or related field(s).Knowledge Skills and Abilities :
- Strong research profile in Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Data Analytics and Cloud computing, with a skills in AWS, various statistical packages and Big Data such as R, Python, Matlab, Hadoop, Map Reduce as shown by referred publications and articles.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrated ability to work in teams.
- Capable of establishing collaborative research programs involving undergraduate students. Evidence of experience spearheading or participating in experiential learning models a plus.
- Experience working with various stakeholders, such as students, faculty, staff, and administrators.
- Experience working with underrepresented minorities in STEM.
Bowie State University, a member of the University System of Maryland (USM), is a regional, comprehensive, and historically black university. The University offers an array of baccalaureate and masters degree programs and a doctorate in education. Located between Washington, DC and Baltimore, the University includes a diverse faculty and student population.
Founded in 1865, Bowie State is the oldest Historically Black College/University in Maryland and one of the ten oldest in the country. It is also a diverse university whose 5,400 students, along with faculty and staff, come from many ethnic backgrounds. The University boasts a pastoral campus that is both serene and beautiful. With seven residence halls, the University is a hub of 24/7 undergraduate life, yet it also offers convenient evening classes and online courses to serve employed professionals seeking to move ahead in their vocations.
Bowie State upholds the System’s mission of providing high-caliber, accessible, and affordable educational opportunities. In addition to its 25 undergraduate majors, Bowie State offers 30 master's, doctoral, and advanced certification programs. Its advanced research facilities include one of the world's 100 most powerful supercomputers and a satellite operations control center managed in conjunction with NASA
We invite you to take a closer look at Bowie State; you will like what you see.
Get job alerts
Create a job alert and receive personalized job recommendations straight to your inbox.Create alert