Northcentral Technical College is an innovative learning college. The college seeks individuals who will have a primary role to facilitate learning. Faculty work in alignment with the college’s mission, vision, core values, and operating principles, and Board of Trustee’s Executive Limitations, Productivity and Quality Measures, and Community Benefits Statements.
Faculty are expected to provide service to the college community exemplified by teamwork, committee involvement, participation in shared leadership activities, academic advisement of students, and sponsorship of student activities. In addition, faculty should foster professional growth and development and continuous learning in themselves and their colleagues. Faculty members are encouraged to be involved in the NTC District through various service opportunities in community organizations or through other community activities.
Faculty work as a member of a self-directed team and report to the Associate Dean and Dean of School of Health Sciences.
Program directors assume additional responsibilities based on NAACLS accreditation standards and program needs.
REQUIRED Expertise, Attitude and Abilities:
Expertise: An educational philosophy which places the primary emphasis on student learning in the design, delivery, and evaluation of learning. Expertise in content areas being taught. A solid understanding of how the education and business worlds interface. Commitment to the use of new learning technologies. Excellent communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills.
Attitude: An uncompromising commitment to learning through the College’s mission, vision and values. A positive and proactive approach. Flexibility, a willingness to change. Open-mindedness, fairness, the ability to see multiple perspectives. A willingness to take risks. A willingness to accept responsibility for professional and personal growth. Strong support for diversity.
Ability: Success and commitment as a team member, fostering consensus and collaboration in and out of the classroom. The ability to manage projects, set and achieve specific objectives and measure results. Proficiency in use of technology, computers and software.
Duties & Responsibilities
NTC Faculty will serve their learners and the College in the following ways:
- Facilitate learning through classroom activities, distance learning experiences, workforce development, out-of-classroom activities, and the mentoring of students and peers.
- Support and maintain collaborative relationships with business & industry, community based organizations, and K-16 partners.
- Assess and evaluate student performance in alignment with the College assessment plan in a timely manner.
- Conduct assigned classes for the scheduled length of time.
- Submit final grades by the scheduled due date identified on the academic calendar.
- Post and maintain office hours.
- Maintain accurate records of student attendance and achievement for up to one semester after the semester end, unless requested for a longer period of time.
- Furnish written evaluations as requested by students.
- Coordinate instructional support services to meet individual student accommodation and modification needs.
- Coordinate instructional material and timely distribution of such to regional campuses.
- Assist in student academic advising.
- Utilize and engage in professional day activities and team time as designated.
- Maintain course outcome summaries, learning plans, Performance Assessment Tasks (PATs), syllabi, and online Learning Management System template in the approved College format and time parameter.
- Actively select and use appropriate learning materials and resources including textbooks, library resources, equipment and supplies to enhance learning.
- Assist in planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating a new or modified course/certificate/program. Identify areas in need of improvement. Stay current and focused on learner needs.
- Collaborate with the program team in identifying, developing, implementing and evaluating strategic goals and objectives (Team Action Plans, Instructional Vitality Process).
- Assist in identifying, planning, and delivering continuing education and Business and Industry workshops and seminars.
- Participate in the budgeting and procurement process.
- Keep professionally up-to-date in area of content expertise and in the teaching profession.
- Participate in institutional, advisory and program team and committee meetings.
- Actively support diverse learners.
- Attend the College’s in-service sessions, and commencements and other activities as directed.
- Assist in the orientation of new full-time, part-time, adjunct faculty, and all other employees within their content areas.
- Maintain professional certifications, licensures, and requirements.
- Assist in student recruitment and Student Services activities.
- Attend College Open Houses (on-campus and off-campus, set-up and take down) to assist with student recruitment.
- Assist with dual credit and other articulation/transfer agreements.
- Assist with coordination of grant development and management as directed.
- Maintain documentation as required by accreditation, program, or clinical sites.
- Assist, participate, support, and carry out the duties as assigned.
NTC Program Directors must:
- Maintain, compile and submit all required documentation per accreditation requirements.
- Maintain, compile and submit self-study documents.
- Coordinate with team faculty to maintain accreditation.
- Serve as the primary point of contact between the Program and NAACLS
- Work with Dean, Associate Dean, and team members to assure program outcomes data is compiled per accreditation requirements including but not limited to certification exam pass rates, graduation/attrition data, and placement rates.
- Provide input into budget preparation for the program.
- Serve as a communication link with Deans, team members, and advisory committee regarding the Program and accreditation.
- Serve as liaison between College and clinical sites regarding accreditation.
- Assure compliance with accrediting body for requirements such as criminal background checks, documentation of education, and occupational experience for students, faculty, and clinical staff.
- Maintain positive ongoing relationships with clinical sites for retention purposes.
- Engage in a minimum of 36 hours of documented continuing professional development every three years.
- Bachelors degree required, Masters degree preferred.
- Possess a ASCP-BOC or ASCPi -BOC generalist certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist/Medical Technologist.
- Have knowledge of education methods and administration, and current NAACLS accreditation and certification procedures
- Must have a minimum of three years experience in a clinical lab education setting.
- Must have at least three years teaching experience.
The duties and responsibilities listed are intended to describe the essential functions of persons assigned to this job. They are not intended as an exhaustive list of all job duties, responsibilities, and requirements.
6 to 8 hours: Performing repetitive movements, grasping and working indoors 4 to 5 hours: Standing and walking
1 to 3 hours: Balancing, bending, driving, kneeling, pulling, pushing, reaching, sitting, twisting and working in temperature extremes
Less than 1 hour: Climbing, crawling, working at heights and working outdoors
Lifting and Carrying:
Less than 10 pounds: 10-15 repetition(s) per hour 10 to 20 pounds: 10-15 repetition(s) per hour
20-50 pounds: 1-10 repetition(s) per hour
50-100 pounds: Less than 1 repetition per hour
More than 100 pounds with help: Less than 1 repetition per hour
Additional Physical Requirements:
Vision: Adequate with aid to read instructions, labels, documents, computer screens, and differentiate between colors.
Hearing: Adequate with aid to understand oral requests, telephone conversation, and PA systems.
Required Employee Program Safety Training:
Bloodborne Pathogen, emergency action plan, emergency eye wash, emergency procedures, ergonomics (office/workplace), hazardous waste, medical waste and slips, trips & falls.