Desktop Support Technician
The University of Lynchburg, a private regional university, located in the beautiful foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in central Virginia is seeking a full-time Desktop Support Technician to join our Information Technology Resources team.
Job Type: Full-time, benefits eligible
- The Desktop Support Technician is part of a team of IT professionals who provide in-house technical hardware and software support for the campus.
- Technicians help troubleshoot and diagnose computer, printer, software, and other technology related issues.
Specific Job Duties:
- Provides technical support for students, faculty, and staff.
- Installs, troubleshoots, and repairs campus Windows and Mac computers.
- Configures, maintains, and troubleshoots peripheral devices.
- Respond to help-desk calls, emails, and tickets.
- Troubleshoot software related issues.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Windows, Mac OS, and Microsoft Office Suite knowledge required.
- SCCM and JAMF/Casper experience a plus.
- Google Suite experience a plus.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
Annual Salary: Up to $40,500 annually
Benefits: Generous paid vacation, personal days, paid sick time and family leave, comprehensive insurance (medical, dental, vision, etc.) and retirement plans, flexible spending account, tuition remission, life and long-term disability insurance, and more. Learn more about employment benefits at the University of Lynchburg.
Schedule: 8:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. (7.5 hours/day with some evenings and weekends to meet needs of the department may be required)
- The functions of this position are usually performed sitting, but may involve significant amounts of walking or standing.
- Some amount of stooping, kneeling, bending, lifting or carrying may be required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills along with an ability to effectively communicate with users that range from the novice to the experienced
- Two years of college or technical coursework, or equivalent work experience required
How to Apply
Submit an employment application and email or mail a résumé, and contact information of three professional references, to:
University of Lynchburg
Office of Human Resources
1501 Lakeside Drive
Lynchburg, VA 24501
The selected candidate must successfully pass a background check that is satisfactory to the University.
We seek candidates who are committed to the University of Lynchburg’s efforts to create an environment that fosters a student-centered environment, develops the breadth of knowledge associated with liberal education, respects and supports diversity, equity, and inclusion, values and celebrates diverse faith traditions, and sustains close working relationships among faculty, staff, students, alumni, and community partners.
The University of Lynchburg is committed to diversity within its community and welcomes applications from persons of color, women, Indigenous/aboriginal people of North America, persons with disabilities, the LGBTQIA+ community, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of the University of Lynchburg community.
The University of Lynchburg is an equal opportunity employer.