Chair & Assistant/Associate Professor of Mathematics
Division of Mathematics and Science
Dean, Division of Mathematics and Science
Livingstone College seeks applications for an Assistant/Associate Professor in Mathematics who will chair the Department of Mathematics.
Responsibilities include teaching three classes or nine (9) hours of classes, advising and registering students, recruiting majors for the department, participating in/supervising writing and research activities, and other departmental activities as assigned.
Applicant must have college teaching and/or administrative experience strong and effective interpersonal skills, demonstrated skills as an accomplished educator, and the ability to identify and establish appropriate educational direction. A commitment to diversity in the recruitment of students, faculty and staff is important. The successful candidate will serve as the chief academic, budgetary, and administrative leader of the department. The position is open for a start date in January 2022 – the commencement of the Spring 2023 semester.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The results you will deliver each day that matter most!
- Teach 9 hours (3 classes) per semester.
- Hold a minimum of eight (8) office hours per week.
- Supervise and evaluate full and part-time faculty within the Department of Mathematics.
- Conduct monthly department meetings.
- Attend Department Chair’s meetings hosted by the Division Dean.
- Complete annual and summative assessment reporting for the department.
- Advise and register students for classes.
- Participate in the governance and committee work of the Department, Division and the college.
- Use Blackboard, ECHO 360: Lecture Capture, Smart Board, and other instructional technologies in the classroom.
- Generate new curriculum and develop course syllabi that align with the curriculum goals and student learning outcomes in Mathematics.
- Participate in scholarly and professional development activities.
What you will need to be successful!
- Ph.D. in Mathematics or a closely related area.
- At least five years of teaching experience at the college or university level is required.
- At least three years of experience as a program coordinator, chair or dean is required.
Life at Livingstone College
Why we believe you will love working at Livingstone College!!
Livingstone College is a private, four year liberal arts institution founded in 1879 by the African Methodist Episcopal Zion Church. Secured by a strong commitment to quality instruction, the College offers excellent liberal arts and religious education programs for students designed to develop their potential for leadership and service to a global community.
About Livingstone College: http://Livingstone.edu
Livingstone College is an equal opportunity employer that employs qualified individuals based upon job related qualifications regardless of race, religion, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, domestic partner status, medical condition, political affiliation or any other classification proscribed under applicable federal, state or local law. Livingstone College complies with all laws regarding reasonable accommodation for disabled candidates and employees. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the interview process are requested to contact Human Resources in order to arrange such accommodation. We offer competitive compensation and an attractive benefits package. No recruiters or agencies without a previously signed contrac